Amati Bismarck 1:200 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Boat finished finally. I was a little too conservative on my estimates for completion. Turns out the lower railing takes a long time to finish, for various reasons, but then the other two go by in quickly. Anyways, here are some pics. This concludes my build of the Bismarck

View attachment 407362View attachment 407363View attachment 407364View attachment 407365

View attachment 407365

View attachment 407362

View attachment 407363

View attachment 407364
Good morning. Wonderful model. Congratulations Jack. Cheers Grant

Congrats Jack,
You built a very beautiful ship.
Are you gonna build the IJN Yamato as well ?
Cheers
Guy

Hi Jack Sparrow. Thank you for posting. Great job! Looks splendid. I am currently building one of these (The Hachette partworks version). I guess they are pretty much the same. I found mine on Gumtree with the hull mostly done and some of the superstructure and there were some major problems. I am hoping to start a build log soon, or rather. the unbuild log that got me back to square one so I can make a half decent job of it. They are an incredibly ambitious build really. Lots and lots of places to go horribly wrong, especially with so much PE. I have never done PE before so its a slippery learning curve.... Oh look - here comes the acetone again to see if I can get that bit in the right place...lol. They do look so impressive though when built. Wish me luck. Cheers Davydd

Hi Jack Sparrow. Thank you for posting. Great job! Looks splendid. I am currently building one of these (The Hachette partworks version). I guess they are pretty much the same. I found mine on Gumtree with the hull mostly done and some of the superstructure and there were some major problems. I am hoping to start a build log soon, or rather. the unbuild log that got me back to square one so I can make a half decent job of it. They are an incredibly ambitious build really. Lots and lots of places to go horribly wrong, especially with so much PE. I have never done PE before so its a slippery learning curve.... Oh look - here comes the acetone again to see if I can get that bit in the right place...lol. They do look so impressive though when built. Wish me luck. Cheers Davydd
i think you will be fine. The instructions are good. The PE parts were quite challenging but in the end it's a matter of making assemblies from individual components.
The most annoying part of the build was the stanchions. But it is worth the effort. Give yourself a lot of room on your workbench because the boat is massive.

Parabéns pelo trabalho e dedicação que teve na montagem desse lendário navio.
Seu trabalho ficou impecável.

Back