Amerigo Vespucci [COMPLETED BUILD]

Beautiful work... thanks for sharing. Those like me who don't quite have the skills you have, can only share in the joy of seeing a ship built by a skilled builder.

[QUOTE = "WarrLight, message: 125483, membre: 8659"]
Beau travail ... merci pour le partage. Ceux comme moi qui n'ont pas tout à fait les compétences que vous avez, ne peuvent que partager la joie de voir un navire construit par un constructeur qualifié.
[/CITATION]
Merci beaucoup

Hi. Again thanks to all who gave their likes to my build. It’s still progressing well, here’s the result of the next session. You will know that I had built the staircases earlier, now I have glued them into place and built up their rails as well as the rails on the upper decks. I have also started to make up the brass rails around the funnel deck, you can just about see part of them in the pics, again I’m pleased with the result.

I’m also still making up the smaller parts which add to its character. I have made up pike racks before but never a riffle rack so this is a first for me and I think a nice touch that you wouldn’t expect.

Ken

Last edited:
Hi Rene, I‘m sorry but I seem to be sending my post onto your log by some sort of link, I didn’t intend to but I don’t know how to stop this happening.
Ken

Hi. Again thanks to all who gave their likes to my build. It’s still progressing well, here’s the result of the next session. You will know that I had built the staircases earlier, now I have glued them into place and built up their rails as well as the rails on the upper decks. I have also started to make up the brass rails around the funnel deck, you can just about see part of them in the pics, again I’m pleased with the result.

I’m also still making up the smaller parts which add to its character. I have made up pike racks before but never a riffle rack so this is a first for me and I think a nice touch that you wouldn’t expect.

Ken

View attachment 178229

View attachment 178230

View attachment 178231

View attachment 178232

View attachment 178233
Hello Ken....je ne vois pas vos photos ?

Hello ,
The Amerigo Vespucci is an Italian training sailboat. It belongs to the Italian military navy, used for the training of student officers. It is currently one of the oldest three-masted square to sail, the oldest training ship of the Italian Navy in service and one of the largest military school sailboats in the world.
It's Panart Model , Scale : 1/84
Regards , René
Hallo @ReneK
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Congratulations also from my side - a great model - well done

Back