An English cutter half hull 1:32 by MikeJ [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Mike, I did a scratch Beagle a few years back it was an interesting build. I think it is still posted on MSW. I am adding a few details to my cutter and should be finished in a couple weeks. I will be finishing my Ontario cross section next, if you like to do a lot of detail work this build is a lot of fun. So many ships so little time lol. Aloha Mike41.
Mike, I checked out the scratch builds on MSW and you have a lot but I couldn't fine the Beagle. Your build must be older that 2017. Where die you get the plans? Anatomy of Ships?

Hi Mike, I did use the Anatomy of Ship book for the drawings. The post is still there, this is a link to it. Aloha Mike41.

HMS Beagle 1820 by Mike 41 - 1:48 scale - Cherokee-class brig-sloop - Page 3 - - Build logs for subjects built 1801 - 1850 - Model Ship World™
Oh, Model Ship World. Good thing I'm a member of that site too and Model Ship Builder. I looked at your Beagle and it is beautiful. Your work is excellent and thank you very much for the posting. The Admiral liked it too. She wants to know when I'm going to start. Haha I think I'll start with getting the book. Did you redraw from the book or did you cad it? Aloha, MikeJ

Well here I go. Pictures to follow. I braved the cold in the garage and cut out my parts. I'm making everything out of bass wood, I have a lot of it from previous scratch projects, and have glued the keel, dead wood, stem and stern to my build board. I'm working on shaping the frames one at a time to fit. Dust is flying.
Hallo @MikeJ
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Well here I go. Pictures to follow. I braved the cold in the garage and cut out my parts. I'm making everything out of bass wood, I have a lot of it from previous scratch projects, and have glued the keel, dead wood, stem and stern to my build board. I'm working on shaping the frames one at a time to fit. Dust is flying.
Hallo @MikeJ
We wish you all the best and a happy Birthday

Happy belated Birthday, Mike. I figured it's better to be late than never. ;) Hope you enjoyed your special day!

Hallo @MikeJ
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back