Anchor handler

Hello all. Iv just joined the group. I have a question that I hope someone can advise me. The question is. My dad and I are building a anchor handler supply ship. We are doing the main deck and want to no what can we use to fully seal the deck so no water gets inside? Thanks

Welcome to the SOS Group. I assume you and your dad are building the ship for radio control. Perhaps I can give you a few examples of waterproofing decks that has worked for me over the years on my RC ships. In the first photo, Canadian Engineer freighter has a 2mm bass plywood sub deck covered with a marine varnish, well sanded and then painted with a flat acrylic paint to represent a steel deck. In the second photo, the PT boat has a 2mm bass plywood sub deck with no treatment, planked with 4mm cherry planks and then 2-3 coats of teak oil. Third photo is the Baltimore Fire Dept. fire tug John R Frazier. Her deck has been painted with an oil base paint mixed with very fine silica sand for a non skid surface. All hatch or superstructure openings must have a combing built around them to prevent water from entering. All of these methods have proven to be very effective for waterproofing my decks. Good Luck.
Jim

1668289542015.png
1668289652387.png
1668289738530.png

Hallo Andy,
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
I wish you fun and success with your project

Back