Anchor Help

Since I don’t have any glue, I’m trying to do anything in my ship. I can do my anchors. Is it black rope wound around, looks like in 4 places, or is it metal painted black? The print show nothing. But on the box has 4 rows of something on each anchor. Thanks Constructo lol

Last edited:
Oh, and they give you a split ring for on the end to the block, in the print shows black rope. :confused:

I got ahold of Model expo finally and I purchased 2 diff glues and some blades I’ve been out of for a long time, thanks though, your awesome. Should arrive any day.

Since I don’t have any glue, I’m trying to do anything in my ship. I can do my anchors. Is it black rope wound around, looks like in 4 places, or is it metal painted black? The print show nothing. But on the box has 4 rows of something on each anchor. Thanks Constructo lol
Hmmm...could actually be either depending on the period of the model. In general anchor spreaders were made of oak...sometimes in layers. The wood was reinforced with bands made either of rope or iron. If rope, the bands were tarred to protect from weathering thus the black color. It sounds like you could use the rope windings...choose a thick black thread.

Oh, and they give you a split ring for on the end to the block, in the print shows black rope. :confused:
Same problem here...depends on the period. Normally if the spreader bands were rope then the anchor "ring" might also be rope. If the bands were iron then the iron ring. But for your model you could simply use the rope for the bands and the ring for the anchor rigging and still be OK. So you have a few choices...

thanks, Its funny, the print shows rope for a ring but they give you a metal ring. I mean I think they were for the anchor, it was in the bag with them.
im stoked, mail just came and I got the glue from model expo. AnchorShip-1:cool:

Back