Ancre book order

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Le Rochefort Moderator

I ordered “the art of shipmodeling” from Ancre April 11. Haven’t gotten it yet. Is this normal shipment delays? And also considering covid19.
I am also considering the “Armed longboat” as a project. But I am really concerned about my first book I ordered. Wonder why The delay.

Hello Donnie. You don't have to worry, I think, the current delivery situation worth due to COVID-19. Many international packages must be in quarantine for 14 days. It also depends on what shipping method you have chosen: EMS or ground. I am sure, you will be surprised soon. :)

Hi DONNIE, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY ORDER IF YOU READ THE SHIPPING INSTRUCTION AND YOU GO FOR THE $8.00 SHIPPING THAT IS HOW LONG IT TAKES, JUST ORDERED THE LE COURERA FROM THE OPTED FOR THE NEXT HIGHEST DELIVERY COST $14.00, it will get to you GREAT BOOK. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don

I cannot remember the shipment option. I think there were three (?? maybe). I know that I did not choose the slowest option, I think it was the next fastest, but not "the" fastest. All I got was one receipt. No tracking details or follow up emails, etc. Not complaining, but not used to it. You all are correct. Just a blend of problems right now.

Maybe I am the most annoyed one. The payment I made in December last year is nearly six months now. I paid more than 300 euros. But i have not received this two books, nor any news.I don't know what happened to them?

I order a book from them last month, and only got receipt of payment, no follow up. I am just waiting for the shipping to return to normal, what ever that is!.

It could be that the staff is not back to work, but only the web page is taking orders the office can't ship out.

DONNIE, YOU ARE CORRECT THERE WERE 3 OPTIONS I TOO SELECTED THE 2nd OPTION IT STATES THE ONLN THE FIRST OPTION THE MOST EXPENSIVE HAS A TRACKING No., the world is not going back to the way it was know where, know how, new normal. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don

Just remember "allow six to eight weeks for delivery" back in the ancient long ago.

We have been spoiled, expecting rapid and cheap deliveries. I have not received small stuff from China for over 3 months. At least they refund the money. Postage and package for a book from USA can be 30$ and still take 3 or 4 weeks. Small hand tools cost more in postage than cost of item. For heavy items, I use a forwarding company that ONLY doubles the cost not treble or more from original supplier. On the other hand, saving money from not eating out, entertaining, holidays etc. The Corona Cloud has a silver lining. PS as gym closed , ordered a treadmill locally, 40miles. from stock, delivery 1 MONTH. PPS just started reading the Glasgow Museum book I received at least 2 months ago- I'm a hypocrite

Hello,

At the bottom of the home page in French you can find the e-mail address of Didier Berti, ANCRE's manager.
Send him a message and he will answer you.

GD
I can fully underline the words by Gérard.
End of last week I was in contact via mail with Didier Berti from ancre. Due to the Pandemie there was a delay in the preparation and sending.
And also because of the partly much longer delivery times of the different postal services, especially overseas.
Be a little bit patient, everybody who ordered and paid will get the ordered books. Didier is doing his best........
PS: F.e. a german friend received last week his ordered monograph - Didier is working on it !!! Give him and the postal services some time....

Very interesting, I just receive a little while ago a full email with detailed tracking info of my order. Apparently it is at USA customs now.
thank you whoever expedited and prepare this email. At least I now feel 100 percent confident that the order was processed and has been shipped.
thank you Ancre and to whomever processed this.Donald

I went cheap on one large order to save money and it took 3 months to get it. I don't do that anymore.

Very interesting, I just receive a little while ago a full email with detailed tracking info of my order. Apparently it is at USA customs now.
thank you whoever expedited and prepare this email. At least I now feel 100 percent confident that the order was processed and has been shipped.
thank you Ancre and to whomever processed this.Donald
Yes,
I contacted Didier from ancre, so everybody mentioned in this thread should have received a mail or info about his order.
Donnie @Donnie ordered shipping with tracking, so his parcel is already in USA - I guess you received also a tracking number, so you can check it where it is.
Kurt @Kkonrath wanted to safe money and ordered standard, so without tracking and the postage will take overseas between 45 and 60 days..... so it is on the way.
@DaHaimodel - shipping from France to China was not possible from 01/02 to 15/04 (reduced Pandemie postal service for standard post).

Usually I would not post this, but I wanted to make it visible for everybody ordering something in these times.
To be sure to get ordered stuff in a relatively short time - you have to pay higher costs - than the order is transported by plane and you have tracking.
If you order standard with normal post - especially overseas, the normal postal time takes much more longer (by sea container, if there are transport capacilties in the corona time. And you have no tracking of the parcel.

But definitely:
ancre is sending all the orders you made - be only patient - it can take longer than normal
ancre is a very reliable and helpful publisher - I am "working" with them since more than 15 years

and further:
if you have additional questions or somebody else is waiting for an order, please contact Didier from ancre via mail - you can find it on the ancre-web-page
basa.JPG

Uwe, thank you for help confirming our orders.

I know things are going slow from overseas, I have been having this problem with eBay orders as well.

Kurt

Hello Donnie. You don't have to worry, I think, the current delivery situation worth due to COVID-19. Many international packages must be in quarantine for 14 days. It also depends on what shipping method you have chosen: EMS or ground. I am sure, you will be surprised soon. :)
I got La Belle CAF kit this week from China. It took only 10 days, so I wouldn't jump and blame quarantine. Last time I ordered monograph from Ancre, it took 3 months(?!) to get. Very unpleasant experience and service. Hopefully Donnie, your luck is better than mine.

I got La Belle CAF kit this week from China. It took only 10 days, so I wouldn't jump and blame quarantine. Last time I ordered monograph from Ancre, it took 3 months(?!) to get. Very unpleasant experience and service. Hopefully Donnie, your luck is better than mine.
Hello Gennaro, I wouldn't jump into conclusion based just on your own, single experience . I have ordered more than dozens monografias from ANCRE and I never have a single problem!!! Yes, some time it only a week, and other times is two weeks. It is all depends on the carrier, and knowing that it is international order, it may all related to the customs services. Do you know that any package coming to New York as international order had to path 14 days of quarantine? How this an ANCRE fault? Also, did you select basic shipping (ground) or Air (EMS)? Those all huge factors....

Back