And yet another new guy

Hi everybody, Eric is my name and I live in the BEST part of Paradise, just north of Brisbane. I came across SoS quite by chance, I wanted to find the traditional way of doing ratlines and whilst scanning down the Google results I came across this site and found it to be the most helpful and as I couldn't afford to buy it I joined instead.
While waiting for approval I read the Sovereign part-build post by Steve and found it extremely helpful and interesting as I am also building the 'kit'. Steve's started two years ago, here in Australia it started four/five months ago and hopefully the suppliers have ironed out any bugs. Don't worry fellas I will read up on your builds also, one can only read so much in a couple of hours.
Regards
Eric

Hi Gary, thanks for your words of welcome, the older my body gets the younger my becomes(oh-oh) I know I will enjoy being a member.
Thanks once again,
Regards
Eric

Hi Eric,

If you wish to go to my log at http://shipsofscale.com/Trinidad/STBL16.html you can see the beginnings of tying Ratlines. They just use a half-hitch knot. I never used a jig, I just eye balled mine in. I think at some times, I might have used a piece of masking tape as a guide if I really needed it.

What I did was I tied the "half way" points to keep the spacing right. In other words, I would always split the difference instead of tying as I went up or down. Or just used a combo of both tying in sequence and splitting the difference.

Donnie

Very informative thanks Donnie, BTW happened to come across your youtube video on attaching shroud. Love your accent! Tell your Admiral that there is a place for her at MGM.
Regards
Eric

Hi everybody, Eric is my name and I live in the BEST part of Paradise, just north of Brisbane. I came across SoS quite by chance, I wanted to find the traditional way of doing ratlines and whilst scanning down the Google results I came across this site and found it to be the most helpful and as I couldn't afford to buy it I joined instead.
While waiting for approval I read the Sovereign part-build post by Steve and found it extremely helpful and interesting as I am also building the 'kit'. Steve's started two years ago, here in Australia it started four/five months ago and hopefully the suppliers have ironed out any bugs. Don't worry fellas I will read up on your builds also, one can only read so much in a couple of hours.
Regards
Eric
Hallo Eric alias @eric67
one of our long time members has birthday
We wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Regards
Eric
Hall Eric alias @eric67
almost 9 years membership ..... only this would be a reason for celebration
but today is your 70th birthday
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Also from me a warm welcome to the forum and have fun.

Back