Regional Meeting of "Arbeitskreis Historischer Schiffbau" and forum "Segelschiffsmodellbau" in Augsburg / Germany on 28th May 2022

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

EDIT After the meeting
-> for photos showing the models and others made during the meeting please go to post #54 od this thread / topic

ANNOUNCEMENT:

In March some members of the german Association "Arbeitskreis Historischer Schiffbau e.V." and of the german forum "Segelschiffsmodellbau" will meet for one day in Augsburg / Germany, in order to talk, show their models, look and chat.
We expect appr. 40 to 50 modelers coming together with their models.

As I know, several german members of SOS will be there - so please mention your participation here in a short post - I am looking forward to meet as much as possible

I will arrive already Friday afternoon / evening and will stay until Sunday, so if somebody is interested, maybe we can meet for a beer (or two) - I am in the Cityhotel Ost am Koe, where we have also the breakfast on Sunday morning.

Here the reports of the last years:

Last edited:
Now we are already four members participating - I will follow up this list with name and the model

Uwek ........................................ Le Coureur 1:48, evtl. Bonhomme Richard section
pianoforte .............................. Le Coureur 1:48 ?
Ivan Trtanj .............................. ?
Olivers Historic Sipyard .... La Belle, evtl. Le Redoutable

later on I will add also the other members which mentioned their participation on the german forum

Now we are already four members participating - I will follow up this list with name and the model

Uwek ........................................ Le Coureur 1:48, evtl. Bonhomme Richard section
pianoforte .............................. Le Coureur 1:48, evtl. gaff sloop "Margaretha"
Ivan Trtanj .............................. Yacht Harlingen

later on I will add also the other members which mentioned their participation on the german forum

@Ivan Trtanj : super, I am very happy to see you there - will you show us also a model?

Last edited:

Uwek ........................................ Le Coureur, evtl. Bonhomme Richard section
pianoforte .............................. Le Coureur, evtl. gaff sloop "Margaretha"
@Foxtrott ............................... Saint Albans 1687
@AnobiumPunctatum ...... HMS Triton
@dafi ....................................... HMS Victory
@tarjack ................................. Royal Caroline, Phantom

I added now also the other members which mentioned their participation on the german forum
So, if you see your name not on the list, but will come, please give me a short hint......

For all those who are interested, please sign in in the main list:

One has to register there, but you will afterwards find all the updates on this place, this makes things easier for us to handle. Unfortunately times are still troubled ...

Also very welcome are of course our international friends, we will please to help you with all the travel arrangement over there.

All the best, looking forward to renew old friendships and create new ones!

XXXDAniel

I would like to ask a question, hope it is legitimate
Does it acceptable for the planned conference to be attended by visitors from countries other than Germany?
Of course my decision will be made according to corona constraints and other issues and will most likely be made very close to the date of the conference.

The truth is I would very much like to meet our forum members in 2022 and their amazing models. The meeting will probably have to be in a country that we will all be comfortable in, probably Europe and the USA are suitable candidates.
The question is whether there was such a conference in the past and what needs to be done for the tradition to be renewed. Contribute in doing to make the vision a reality

Obviously the answer to the question and the desire to realize the idea of the meeting is given to the attention of the moderators of our respected forum

@shota70 would be lovely to see and meet you there.

Of course the event will be following all the health protocols necessary. That is why we are having to sum up all the interested modelers in our german site on the link mentioned above. we have always to check with the landlord of the place and with the officials of the town how many people are possibly allowed to be there and what are the procedures. Quite shure one has to be cured or vaccinated. How far test will be accepted we have no idea yet, this might change on short notice with the situation in the area. Also if masks will have to be worn.

But we will keep you updated, stay in contact with us if interested as I am quite confident, that we will be able to have a great meeting, whatever the given situation is.

All the best and stay healthy, Daniel

@shota70 would be lovely to see and meet you there.

Of course the event will be following all the health protocols necessary. That is why we are having to sum up all the interested modelers in our german site on the link mentioned above. we have always to check with the landlord of the place and with the officials of the town how many people are possibly allowed to be there and what are the procedures. Quite shure one has to be cured or vaccinated. How far test will be accepted we have no idea yet, this might change on short notice with the situation in the area. Also if masks will have to be worn.

But we will keep you updated, stay in contact with us if interested as I am quite confident, that we will be able to have a great meeting, whatever the given situation is.

All the best and stay healthy, Daniel
The things you mentioned above are clear to me and completely acceptable, I also mentioned that it is subject to the corona situation in my country and Germany and to the regulations of the two countries and the conference organizers. I will continue to follow patiently

Now we are already nine members from SOS participating - I will follow up this list with name and the model

Uwek ........................................ Le Coureur, evtl. Bonhomme Richard section
pianoforte .............................. Le Coureur, evtl. gaff sloop "Margaretha"
Foxtrott ................................... Saint Albans 1687
AnobiumPunctatum .......... HMS Triton
dafi ........................................... HMS Victory
tarjack ..................................... Royal Caroline, Phantom
@Jeronimo ........................... 74 GunShip Cross Section and ?

in the meantime already around 25 modelers confirmed in the german forum (link see Daniels post) their participation

I added now also the other members which mentioned their participation on the german forum
So, if you see your name not on the list, but will come, please give me a short hint......

Now we are already nine members from SOS participating - I will follow up this list with name and the model

Foxtrott ................................... Saint Albans 1687
AnobiumPunctatum .......... HMS Triton
dafi ........................................... HMS Victory
tarjack ..................................... Royal Caroline, Phantom
@Jeronimo ........................... 74 GunShip Cross Section and ?

in the meantime already around 25 modelers confirmed in the german forum (link see Daniels post) their participation

Dear Uwek
I would love to be included in the list of participating members, I will have a hard time bringing a model with me because of the transportation limit. Of course a final decision will be made in late February-early March 2022
I would be happy to book when the time comes for the hotel you mentioned you would stay at, where the meeting itself will take place

Last edited:
Back