Another from bonny Scotland

Hello all,

I have been dabbling with modelling on and off since I was a kid, I have had some reasonable success but significant failures. Having recently moved up into the loft I now have a huge space in which I can try to hone my (pretty poor) skills,
I have currently a huge pile of un-started kits mostly sailing ships but a few submarines too. Odd choices I know but I love the challenge and intricacy of sailing ships and being a retired submariner, it is difficult to ignore the 'Tools of the Trade' Pirate Flag.

I did build a model of HMS Vanguard, one of my old homes, but like my almost finished HMS Endeavour, it fell victim to 'erself's duster!:eek: However, she doesn't venture up to the loft much. ;)

I think my first attempt is going to be the U-Boat Wilhelm Bauer (Ex U2540) Which I was lucky enough to visit a few years back, we also visited U995 on the same trip too.
Oh I forgot to add I am a mad keen biker too, so the above visits were part of one of my many road trips, unfortunately due to a serious accident a decade back I am now on a three wheeler (Can-Am Spyder).

Well, that's me, I look forward to participating and learning from you incredible people.

Happy Holiday Season, Buster (hope your nick, nothing to do with the COVID vaccine), and welcome aboard SOS! We would be glad to see your first attempt build here, in the build log. What do you think?

Thanks Jim, BTW your avatar is one of my all-time favourite albums. High Hopes is possibly the best song ever written (IMHO)

Thanks Jim, BTW your avatar is one of my all-time favourite albums. High Hopes is possibly the best song ever written (IMHO)
Yea... I am a big-time Floydian...You will meet many of us PinkFloyd fans. Welcome again, See you Dark Side of the Moon! ;)

Just had a couple of whiskies so I'm on my way to being comfortably numb!
Merry Christmas Brooklyn, New York from the Scottish village of Cardross.Thumbsup

Welcome aboard! Had an enjoyable visit to Faslane back in early September and acquired a bottle of Highland Park. I also visited Campbeltown on that trip and picked up something from the Glen Scotia distillery. I've been slowly working on the Glen Scotia; holding off on the Highland Park until New Years.

Welcome aboard! Had an enjoyable visit to Faslane back in early September and acquired a bottle of Highland Park. I also visited Campbeltown on that trip and picked up something from the Glen Scotia distillery. I've been slowly working on the Glen Scotia; holding off on the Highland Park until New Years.
Was that 'The Dolphins' edition of highland park??!!?

I am just down the coast from Faslane worked for 37 years in the base 23 years in submarines and the rest as a (civilian) simulator engineer.

Was that 'The Dolphins' edition of highland park??!!?

I am just down the coast from Faslane worked for 37 years in the base 23 years in submarines and the rest as a (civilian) simulator engineer.
I was over there visiting the 3 fuel depots in that part of Scotland. The visit to Faslane was a side stop arranged by my UK counterparts.

Attachments

• 20211226_221944.jpg
    20211226_221944.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 2
Welcome aboard.
We all go through significant failures that is what gives you the experience of what not to do next time.
Sorry to hear about your accident.
How about picking up where to left off.

Welcome aboard.
We all go through significant failures that is what gives you the experience of what not to do next time.
Sorry to hear about your accident.
How about picking up where to left off.
Thanks for that, this is exactly what I am hoping to do in the very near future

Welcome aboard :)
There is an old phrase that says:
what we derive from our failure is what will make it an achievement and even a victory

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello all,

I have been dabbling with modelling on and off since I was a kid, I have had some reasonable success but significant failures. Having recently moved up into the loft I now have a huge space in which I can try to hone my (pretty poor) skills,
I have currently a huge pile of un-started kits mostly sailing ships but a few submarines too. Odd choices I know but I love the challenge and intricacy of sailing ships and being a retired submariner, it is difficult to ignore the 'Tools of the Trade' Pirate Flag.

I did build a model of HMS Vanguard, one of my old homes, but like my almost finished HMS Endeavour, it fell victim to 'erself's duster!:eek: However, she doesn't venture up to the loft much. ;)

I think my first attempt is going to be the U-Boat Wilhelm Bauer (Ex U2540) Which I was lucky enough to visit a few years back, we also visited U995 on the same trip too.
Oh I forgot to add I am a mad keen biker too, so the above visits were part of one of my many road trips, unfortunately due to a serious accident a decade back I am now on a three wheeler (Can-Am Spyder).

Well, that's me, I look forward to participating and learning from you incredible people.
'Welcome Aboard', Buster! I am a former Bootneck (1971-1983) and took up this very engrossing hobby in...1974. Triumphs and disasters along the way but always a Bounce-Back. I might upset the Number One here if I make any specific recommendations but see 'HMS'....(!) VANGUARD...in a Class of its very own. Saluting You Now, Hamish.

Thanks Hamish and Uwe.

1641807252609.png

Right back at you Hamish, never envied the work you boys had to do.

Hello all,

Hallo @Buster
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thank you kind gentlemen for my greetings, gratefully received even though it does mean I am another year older..:)

Back