Anthony's 1/48th scale HMS Blandford [COMPLETED BUILD]

doh, :rolleyes: ,now that makes sense, that and having the right files, i'm using needle files cut 6 i think , they take forever to file with , what would you suggest for files?

Anthony: You need those fine needle files for finish work, so don't throw them away! But you also need something more aggressive for shaping. I highly recommend Perma-Grit files. They are a bit expensive, but they cut aggressively and last forever. I wouldn't be without them!

Perma-Grit.jpg

i have the larger permagrit sanding tools from my aeroplane days , i haven't managed to wear one out yet , yes i agree and i didn't know they made needle files , thank you again

just a quick question , im starting the lower deck framing , looking at the framing patterns there are 6 parts with the same markings , LDHK-1 through 6 , i cant find where the second ones go , they are the ones on the drawing that are paired with the lower deck knees , where do they go?

so the part that i'm confused about is that the hanging knees are cut out of a 1/8th sheet, the part that is on the lower deck knee drawing is 7/32" which is about 5/64" wider , do i need to cut them out of thicker material?
this is all based on the 1/48 scale build

i keep looking at it and it doesn't make sense to me , the top view is longer than the side view and thicker too , do i need to redraw this piece and cut it out of thicker material?

Anthony: The thickness of the hanging knees is most important. Your keel and frames are of a fixed length. The deck has to match up. If the hanging knees are too thin, the deck will be too small, or have gaps. Make sense? How far the hanging knee extends toward the centerline isn’t too important. It only determines how the deck looks, not how it fits.

i understand , so i have started the process of making more hanging knees , this time thicker , i look at the first set as practice with my new files , which work great , by the way , hopefully i will have something to show later on today

Back