Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:

Blandford Cross Section Group Build

Anthony's 1/48th scale HMS Blandford

Post some photos of the pump housing, Anthony!

The pump handles, the bitts and the handle support planning and placement are the hardest parts of this build! Go slow, plan ahead, and ask questions. We’re happy to help if we can.

this is what i have so far , its not finished as there is a little cleaning up to do , i also went with my own thing for the bushings , i have made up the handles but have nowhere to put them yet, i'm trying to decide whats next, i think i have to cut the upper floor beams so that i have something for the pillars to attach to , then i can decide the height of the bushings for the handles .
i have built model aeroplanes from scratch in the past but this too is my first actual scratch built model ship , its something that i have wanted to do for a long time but never had any tools , with hardwoods i would say its essential , balsa and plywood are so soft compared to hardwood , not impossible with hand tools but a lot easier with good tools ,
when i started this model it was going to be an aside while i finished my HMS Endeavour , but its so interesting that i almost forgot i still have that to finish , i am really enjoying fabricating all my own parts and now have 3 kits that i'm not sure will ever get done , i keep thinking about the next scratch build,
anyway let me finish this one first and see where i go from there .20201016_104420.jpg20201016_104426.jpg20201016_104435.jpg20201016_104444.jpg