Anthony's 1/48th scale HMS Blandford [COMPLETED BUILD]

got the other canon installed , exactly the same way as the first one and then realised that the routing for the ropes is wrong ,i started with the wrong block so i've taken them both off and i'm fixing it . while i'm at it i also decided to change the colour of the rope as its running rigging and not standing rigging so i believe it should be rope coloured

got the other canon installed , exactly the same way as the first one and then realised that the routing for the ropes is wrong ,i started with the wrong block so i've taken them both off and i'm fixing it . while i'm at it i also decided to change the colour of the rope as its running rigging and not standing rigging so i believe it should be rope coloured

Great work, Anthony!

Good call on changing the rigging for the cannons. It would have been natural hemp line, not tarred.

if you look closely at the tree nailing the ink only soaked the outside so there is a dark ring around a light centre but because its so small you cant really see it , also the lower deck i did with brass wire so it looks completely different from the upper deck, the cannons i made at work , theyre plastic , i did the cad drawing and tried to cast them in brass but they kept coming out with holes and were too difficult to fix , so i just used the pattern and painted them black with silver dry brushed onto them , i have the file if you have a 3d printer.

Congratulations also from my side - a very fine model - Very well done !!!
And?
What is coming next?

i am going to finish my Endeavour , which has been neglected , and then i have 2 choices , 1 the corel greyhound which will be converted to the Blandford or a completly scratch built hayling Hoy from David antscherl plans , not sure which yet

As it will be my first POF model, I followed your building log with interest.
Congratulations on your well made model.

Last edited:
thank you , this too is my first scratch built model , i enjoyed making it a lot and hope to be able to complete more scratch builts in the future

Well done Anthony, your model shows exceptionally good craftmanship.

Mike

thank you , just noticed in the pictures that i missed the ring around the bottom of the mast , once thats done then its finished , well apart from the name plate that i just thought of,

Back