Any experience with Mountfleet Models?

I am looking around for another model to build. I recently completed the St. Roch (Billings Boats) and the Ulisses (Occre) and am thinking of another kit. I noticed some nice kits on Mountfleet Models. Has anyone had any experience with any of these? If so, how would you rate the quality, instructions, customer service, etc..? Many thanks, Carl

I have looked inside the box on one of their kits in my local hobby shop. They are R/C models, so the deck fittings are a bit average.
You could take the model to the next level with scratch/ aftermarket fittings.

I have looked inside the box on one of their kits in my local hobby shop. They are R/C models, so the deck fittings are a bit average.
You could take the model to the next level with scratch/ aftermarket fittings.
Thanks Bryian :). For me...in Canadian dollars, they are quite pricey, given exchange rates and the inevitable duties plus our version of VAT. But I do like the looks of these. But maybe something simpler...I'm not committed to RC.

They have some plastic and cast metal fittings that are very average, but its a good basis for improvement. The hulls are plastic injection moulded.

I was really liking the St Nectan steamer. I reckon it would be cool to weather it to look like a tramp steamer.

They have some plastic and cast metal fittings that are very average, but its a good basis for improvement. The hulls are plastic injection moulded.

I was really liking the St Nectan steamer. I reckon it would be cool to weather it to look like a tramp steamer.
Thanks Bryian. I think fo the prices they charge, I'm inclined to lean towards something that is above average. But I do like the looks of some of their models..More window shopping :)

I have built two Mountfleet Models kits. The St Nectan and the Boston Typhoon. The hull and superstructure parts are made of molded fiberglass and not plastics. There are no plastic parts in either kit. Metal, wood and fiberglass. Very Robust. The metal parts do require that some flashings be removed from them with a small file or sand paper. The only metal parts in the kits that I found sub par were some of the rail stantions. I just purchased brass replacements at a nominal cost from Cornwall Models in England. ( I live in Canada as well) Adam at Mountfleet will replace any parts that are not up to standard, free of charge as well. He is easy to deal with. When the kits are finished, they are superb to say the least.

I have built two Mountfleet Models kits. The St Nectan and the Boston Typhoon. The hull and superstructure parts are made of molded fiberglass and not plastics. There are no plastic parts in either kit. Metal, wood and fiberglass. Very Robust. The metal parts do require that some flashings be removed from them with a small file or sand paper. The only metal parts in the kits that I found sub par were some of the rail stantions. I just purchased brass replacements at a nominal cost from Cornwall Models in England. ( I live in Canada as well) Adam at Mountfleet will replace any parts that are not up to standard, free of charge as well. He is easy to deal with. When the kits are finished, they are superb to say the least.
Many thanks for the information and sharing your experience.
BTW: Sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back