Anyone Built Caldercraft Schaarhorn?

I am looking at purchasing Caldercraft Schaarhorn? It looks like a great kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just Googled it. Caldercraft kits are very popular, but don't have any info on that particular kit.

EDIT- If you go on the Jotika models webpage, there is a description of the kit and its fittings.

Last edited:
It is one of the great RC-kits offered over a longer time already by Jotika / Caldercraft
As I know a lot of modelers are very happy with the kit.
It is a highly interesting kit and ship and not often visible on the lakes....

Keep in mind, that you should by also the booklet about the Schaarhorn, once published by the german association Arbeitskreis Historischer Schiffbau (I am a lso member there)

a1g.jpg

I was in the past a big fan of the Salvage tug boat Resolve and also the minesweeper Sir Key - great and recommended kits (in my personal opinion)

I have seen negative comments around the quality of their castings.These are now suffering from worn moulds and poor quality control.Customer service is also not the best anymore.

Regards

Nigel

I have recently finished building the Schaarnhorn and am quite pleased with the result. Plenty of room for rc and motors. I agree the castings could be better. I ended up buying 20 brass turnbuckles because the supplied casting broke so easily.

I have recently finished building the Schaarnhorn and am quite pleased with the result. Plenty of room for rc and motors. I agree the castings could be better. I ended up buying 20 brass turnbuckles because the supplied casting broke so easily.
Could you post some photos of your model please ?

Hallo @1966oldz
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

And? did you decide for the Schaarhörn? so maybe you "get/got" it today as a birthday present ?!?

Back