Anyone Like other types of Models list them here .

I like a lot of different type of Models Like R/C Planes and Boats and Helicopters too .I built a Simple toy Sailboat similar to the dragon when I was a kid out of Fiberglass . I remember how beautiful the hull shined , the glass cloth was very thin and well made and the nice thing about fiberglass is it hardens quick . Back then I had to use 2 part epoxy for the glue . What a pain it was .You just have to be sure to not put in to much hardener but at the same time enough . You need to test a scrap piece first . Once you get the hang of it it's easy . And to install the radio was a lot of fun . The best part was sailing it . I actually thought about making my Real De France into R/C but it would be very complex and it has to many delicate parts .

I started with 1/35th armor when I got back into modeling on 2000, then an interest in ships came along, for the past 5 years or so I have done both armor and 1/700 ships. I have a big interest in the IJN. Armor got very boring for me an AFV is an AFV, Im not impressed by their size, weight etc as I worked in heavy equipment and trucks for many years, its just a hunk of iron to me, ships on the other hand have lines, style, majestic vessels sailing the seas of the world, fighting on a grand scale and not to forget huge complex machines. Naval history is much more interesting to me that the same old WW2 land battles over and over again. Ill build armor again I have 2 kits here I want to do and a few 1/700 plastic ships to build still, and am working on a X Wing Fighter right now since I am a Huge Sci Fi fan. My focus will be on ships as far as I can see though. Wood I hope too !!!!

Tony

Back