Anyone recognise these?

These are from my Panart Victory kit approx 100 of them. The sparse instructions and sparse plans don't show them. The list of items don't identify them. After two years of building I'm now beginning to rig the ship and still haven't found any use for them. Can anybody identify what they are and what I need to do with them? Any help gratefully received.

0.jpg

I'm building the PanArt Victory Bow and Section. Some of those are also included in my kit. They are included in a parts package designated the "Port Hinge Pack", which includes "40 Port Hinges" and "62 Pintles". I am assuming that the part is a "Pintle", and is used to hold the gunport lid (cover) hinge using a short length of wire. There are 22 gunport openings, but only 20 cannon
in the "Bow and Section" kit, hence, 40 hinges and pintles (2 per gunport) That leaves 12 "pintles unaccounted for. However, when constructing the galley stove you need 12 pintles to make the 6 rotisserie racks on the side. That accounts for 52 of the "pintles". The other 2 ports would use 4 pintles. I haven't found out yet what the other 6 pintles are used for. You may have used eyebolts instead of the pintles when adding your gunport lids. if you have so many left over. As you well know, the PanArt instruction book and drawings leave a LOT to be desired. Hope this helps. I'm including photos.

Attachments

• 101_0294.JPG
    101_0294.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 101_0295.JPG
    101_0295.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
These are from my Panart Victory kit approx 100 of them. The sparse instructions and sparse plans don't show them. The list of items don't identify them. After two years of building I'm now beginning to rig the ship and still haven't found any use for them. Can anybody identify what they are and what I need to do with them? Any help gratefully received.
By judging the amount in the bag, I can assume those are the substitution of eyebolts.

They look like "key-bolts" (for securing the cap-square with the pin) of the gun carriage.

Hallo @mispeltyoof
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BELAYED BIRTHDAY
Sorry for the delay
Birthday-Cake

on some kits they are used as tie down spots for rigging line to the side of the hull.

Hallo @mispeltyoof
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back