Anyone Use These Miter Clamps on Ship models?

I just bought this set, I have a lot of casing on windows and doors to do on my house, but they might come in handy on our models. Anyone ever use them, or do they have too much tension on them for use on Ship modeling?

Last edited:
These are good tools (interesting..??) to have available. I have quite a few of them and have used them mostly for fashioning joints that are not easily held by conventional clamping means. They work particularly well for joints that are not square or are otherwise imperfect in some way.
The downside is they mark the material pretty badly. If you are filling, putty, painting, etc., then maybe they would be okay. I try to avoid them these days because I hate being forced to "repair" damage that I caused.!! Like I said, they can be useful, but I think for modeling they would be a little "heavy-handed".

I just bought this set, I have a lot of casing on windows and doors to do on my house, but they might come in handy on our models. Anyone ever use them, or do they have too much tension on them for use on Ship modeling?

How large and deep are the indentations from the pointed wire ends in the sides of the corner? Or maybe not???? Just wondering. PT-2

Back