Armed Longboat 1834 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello everyone,
This model was built in 2013 in about 6 weeks at a scale of 1:36. The cannons and fittings are made of brass. The model was built in pear. I just want to show pictures and if you have any questions I try to answer the best I can.

Text A.N.C.R.E
Besides their service usage aboard ships, longboats were also used for more warlike tasks. They could be used for the protection of harbor entrances or roads, as well as support for landings in enemy territory. In this case, the longboat was then referred to as an armed longboat. For such occasions, it was modified temporarily by installing a forward-firing chase gun atop the thowarts. This gun was guided by a system of slides bolted to the thwarts. It was not a “gunboat”, which was a well-defined, larger and often decked boat-type, but a regular ship’s boat armed with a large-caliber cannon.

The longboat described here is 13.00 meters long., 3.49 meters wide under the planking and 1.40 meters depth-in-hold. The plates with comments are from a plan dated 1834 of the Atlas de Génie Maritime.

Bild 001.jpg

Bild 002.jpg

Bild 003.jpg

Bild 004.jpg

Bild 005.jpg

Bild 006.jpg

Bild 008.jpg

Bild 009.jpg

Bild 010.jpg

to be continued

Greeting
Ruediger (Lucius)

Hallo Rüdiger,
many thanks for starting this building log of your chaloupe / longboat - showing your way of construction.
BTW: It is very interesting way with the negative form

For everybody interested in the basic plans for this model, please take a look at this planset review:

Dear Lucius
I would like to ask how and in what manufacturing process you built the block of the boat on which you place the frames

Dear Lucius
I would like to ask how and in what manufacturing process you built the block of the boat on which you place the frames
Hello shota 70,

The block consists of plywood sheets that are the thickness of the distances to the water lines. The positions of the frames were transferred to the negative form (see Post 1, Fig. 6 + 7). I checked this shape with aluminum frame templates that I made according to the plan.
(Google Translator)

Plan 1.jpg

Bild 007.jpg

I hope I could help you
Greetings
Ruediger (Lucius)

thanks for the The effective explanation:)
What process do you apply from the aluminum panels that bring you to the end result of the block

Back