Artesana Latina are reissueing kits with new additons & instructions.

Just a heads up,

It appears that AL have been listening to modellers. They are re issueing kits with new Digital instructions. See here
https://www.artesanialatina.net/en/163-new-ship-modeling-kits

Sample instructions/ plans / videos on how to are available with the kits seletion on site. For those of us who have experienced AL instructions ... this is a major improvement.

great news. i found that with the a.l. kits that you need to look 4-5 steps ahead in order to save you from undoing or redoing some items. i do like a.l. 's full size poster that gives you proper placement of gun ports wales ect so you can take exact measurments and transfer them to the model hull. Just curious, is anybody out there currently building the a.l. constellation?

Warning: I just received additional deadeyes supposedly from AL. ( The packaging says so). The quality is terrible, the holes are not ligned up and the wood is soft and different to the kit supplied ones. Slight pressure causes the hole to tear through. not Happy. If it was one pack I could say oops but not 3 packs. There is either a faker out there or the quality has dropped significantly.t

Hi, just a heads up. I just received the Artesania Latina King of Mississippi (for me) and Fokker Triplane (as a present for friend. Quality of the models seem good, but I am sad to say I am disappointed in the A.L. instructions and plans. You only get a CD disk and must print out the plans yourselves. King of Mississippi is about 220 pages and Fokker is 134 pages. If you do not have a quality color printer you are stuck. In the USA all you can print is on 8.5 x 11 size paper. I have models from Model Shipways, Corel and OCCRE. All have detailed instructions and full-size plans included. I take that back about Corel. Corel has great full-size plans but horrible details instructions. I am not writing this to complain, but only to make you aware that the plan situation with A.L. is different than some other companies.

Back