Artesania Latina 1:50 Bombarda s.XV Gun Placement Display

Kurt Konrath

Kurt Konrath

This is a build log of another old small gun display from Artesania Latina, in 1:50 scale.

The kit came almost complete and ready to assemble with only minor work by builder.

I built mostly straight from instruction and photos, with a few minor improvements for looks.

The kit was purchased from eBay and was in good shape when received, all items boxed inside with good shape, only issues which didn't effect the kit was the staples holding bags of parts were rusted.

Major changes to kit were to replace the deck planking with a lighter contrasting color wood left over from another kit. The supplies deck wood just blended in to well with gun base and display base.

kit box.jpg
Small kit box size.

Instructions overall view and closeup of diagrams.
Instructions View 2.jpgInstructions View Top.jpgInstructions View.jpgInstructions.jpg

Gun base on original deck and new replacement deck.
Original Deck.jpgTest deck.jpg

And the deck installed and nailed with kit supplied nails, which after thought are two big of head.

Replacement Deck Nailed down.jpg

Then I attached the gun to deck and nailed it down as show in diagrams

In work side view.jpgTop in work.jpg

Last to add barrel tie down ropes and tackle to gun, I replaced oversize blocks with spares on hand.

Finished View.jpgSide Finished.jpgTop Finished.jpg

This small project took about a week to complete and goes on shelf with my other gun displays.

These simple diorama projects are easy to complete and also to embellish with a few improvements very easy.

Not to mention, I don't have room on shelf for a big ship yet, so small works for me.

It also give me practice with limited rigging and deck work as well. A good training exercise for bigger and better projects.

Back