artesania latina

does anybody know whats going on with artesania latina? there website is down stating that they are updating their shop, but that has been at least a week.
hello Shipahoy and friends, I recently read this on the Modelismo Naval foro about Artesania Latina

El viernes tuve una conversación con un distribuidor de esa marca y me dijo que llevaba un retraso con los pedidos de casi un mes.
Tampoco le cogen el teléfono
La página web no funciona.
Al parecer han despedido a un montón de gente.
Una lástima la deriva (a peor) de esta firma, cuyos kits antiguos era de una calidad muy alta, yo diría que de los mejores del mercado de los años 80.
Ahora ya no incluyen ni planos, sólo malas fotos con cotas, y los materiales son de mucha peor calidad.
En cambio el precio d elos kits ha subido bastante (para estar "mal" hechos en China).
Dice el refrán, que "Quien mucho abarca, poco aprieta".
Diversificaron la oferta fabricando kits para niños, casas de muñecas, (con infinidad de accesorios carísimos) aviones de madera etc. y yo creo que deberían haberse centrado en mejorar los kits digamos "clásicos", ya que el afán modelístico de la infancia y adolescencia actuales, es prácticamente nulo.
Prefieren la Play; me atrevo a decir que hasta la jubilación
En este caso, cualquier tiempo pasado SI fue mejor.
R.I.P: AL

On Friday I had a conversation with a distributor of that brand and he said he was behind with orders for almost a month.

They also do not pick up the phone

The website does not work

Apparently they have fired a lot of people.

A pity the drift (to worse) of this firm, whose old kits was of a very high quality, I would say that of the best of the market of the 80s.

Now they do not even include plans, only bad photos with dimensions, and the materials are of much worse quality.

On the other hand, the price of the kits has gone up a lot (to be "wrong" in China).

Says the saying, that "Who covers a lot, little squeezes."

Diversified the offer by making kits for children, dollhouses, (with many expensive accessories) wooden aircraft etc. and I think that they should have focused on improving the "classic" kits, as the current model of childhood and adolescence is virtually nil.

They prefer the Play; I dare say that until retirement

In this case, any time spent IF was better.

R.I.P: AL

Artisana Latina kits were very out of date.
They had cast metal ships boats of poor quality and used plywood for deck fittings which is totally unacceptable for a modern kit.
I'm not surprised they are in difficulties, and this happened to Euromodel Como recently.

Better quality, modern methods, use of 3-D technology, Dusek, Marrisstella, are keeping up with the trend, model shipways with the gunboat philadelphia and the picket boat are now going after the intermediate modeler, the rest if not going to modernize close the doors the last A/L kit that I did was 10 years ago no good then either, no sympathy for them or any other company that does not modernize does not deserve to be in buisnees, also I failed to mention a COMPANY PIONEERING IN INOVATION AND I WILL BY THERE KITS ANYTIME ( THE LUMBERYARD AND DAVE STEVENS, just my opion. Don

i will miss them. here in canada its all i can get without paying outrageous shipping costs from states or europe. ordered from ocre once and had to pay shipping and customs when it arrived. model expo is also heavy on the shipping charges.

i will miss them. here in canada its all i can get without paying outrageous shipping costs from states or europe. ordered from ocre once and had to pay shipping and customs when it arrived. model expo is also heavy on the shipping charges.
You need to order kits from Cornwall Modelboats from Uk,their shipping rates are the best

Shipahoy - I agree Zoltan's observation,
For Canadians, Cornwall Model Boats is the best way to go. I just received my latest kit from Model Expo. I have no complaints with them as a company to deal with, however the dollar exchange, shipping and duty almost knocked me over! I just worked out what it would have cost to get the same Model Shipways kit from Cornwall Model Boats and it would actually have been cheaper. It's hard to believe considering that it would have traveled across the Atlantic twice, but it's true.
David

Back