Artesenia Latina - Swift 1805 Build - First Wood Ship Model [COMPLETED BUILD]

hi all,

here are a few pictures of the updates since i last posted.
two more sails up although my rigging is quite sloppy.

This project has been such a learning experience from the planking, to the woodfiller, to the shortcuts not to take, knots or lack thereof, reading ahead in instructions, etc.

after getting this far, i look at some of the builds on SOS in amazement. The time dedicated to even the smallest detail really makes a difference and ends up adding up quite significantly to the end result.

although strictly speaking, i've quite a bit to do on this, i now find myself so eager to start a new model and now that i have one under my belt and a lot of lessons learned, i'm determined to make some dramatic improvements on all aspects.

as always feedback (+/-) always welcome!
-matt

IMG_4180.jpgIMG_4179.jpgIMG_4178.jpgIMG_4174.jpgIMG_4173.jpgIMG_4172.jpgIMG_4171.jpg

For a first wood model you are doing very well. I started my AL "Swift" a while ago, set it aside, and am looking to start it again. It's too late now, but I noticed that your rigging has "fuzzies" on it In the future, be sure to buy some beeswax and pull the thread thru the wax and then thru a cloth. The friction will melt the wax which will coat the thread and will smooth it out. That will eliminate the "fuzzies" and the tendency for dust to collect on the rigging in the years to come. It will enhance the appearance of your model.

Back