Attaching a sail to a spar

I might put sails on my build, not sure yet, and that is a way off. But my brain is ticking and my question - is the sail attached to the spar by individual loops, or is it a running loop stitch (like you see on spiral binding for books)? Cheers.

Thanks for this post. Due to life get in the way I have only had time to attach one sail to my yard and will be undoing and replacing with the above as looks a lot neater and more realistic.

Should have included this too
View attachment 365161
Hello Fletch Dog,

Yes this is most helpful. As the close-ups are great as it shows detail, but I couldn't fully fathom what yard or boom it was attached too.

The above post is of great help as it shows different techniques over time. This is most helpful and many thanks to Kurt.

Does this site support any video? If so an explanation of techniques used would be most helpful to many on this site I would suspect.
With many thanks!

Hello Fletch Dog,

Yes this is most helpful. As the close-ups are great as it shows detail, but I couldn't fully fathom what yard or boom it was attached too.

The above post is of great help as it shows different techniques over time. This is most helpful and many thanks to Kurt.

Does this site support any video? If so an explanation of techniques used would be most helpful to many on this site I would suspect.
With many thanks!
You can post links to videos hosted elsewhere on the internet using the media icon. 1680456493738.png

Back