"Avos"1:72 from Master Korabel [COMPLETED BUILD]

your model is looking very good - I know that the quality of Master Korabel kits is very good - and you show here such a kit made by an experienced and good modeler
Hope to see more of your work

your model is looking very good - I know that the quality of Master Korabel kits is very good - and you show here such a kit made by an experienced and good modeler
Hope to see more of your work
Thanks! This is my first build log on SOS. Not from the start, but more to come.

Looking great! I'll be watching your log. I just got the Polotsk from Master Korabel as well but it will wait at least until I finish the san Francisco (my first build)

I love the black shaded color effect that the stern shows in the picture.
Don’t know if it is because of the flash but since I’m a oleo painting artist aficionado, I’m always intrigued in how ship modelers obtain that “faded black color” when painting parts of a model ship.

I love the black shaded color effect that the stern shows in the picture.
Don’t know if it is because of the flash but since I’m a oleo painting artist aficionado, I’m always intrigued in how ship modelers obtain that “faded black color” when painting parts of a model ship.
That’s not paint. That’s ebony wood. I’m building the same kit. All black wooden parts are ebony. It’s really cool.

That’s not paint. That’s ebony wood. I’m building the same kit. All black wooden parts are ebony. It’s really cool.
I might have to disappoint you, Nahimov, The wood is not an Ebony, It is dyed Anegry wood. Unless you are using your personal Ebony, the stock in the kit is Anegry.

God bless my ignorance.
Thank you for clarifying that.
I guess ebony will look even better once is sealed with a good sealer.
Ebony is a very hard and difficult wood to work. Besides, lots of people are allergic to this species, it is oily and difficult to process. However, I do agree it gives a very good 'jet black' appearance under oil.
We have a good discussion about using Indian inks to blacken the wood. You can get very good results similar to Ebony's look using Pearwood and Indian ink.

Back