Avro Arrow CF-105 1/72

A bit of background for all my non-Canadian friends. The Arrow, CF-105 interceptor jet was built in the late 50s. It was the most advanced aircraft of it’s time. Due to some f’d up politics the program was cancelled and the 6 prototypes were all scrapped. Very sad. If anyone is interested in this awesome jet here’s a link to the whole story. Avro Arrow CF-105 interceptor
Here is a couple of pics from the manufacturing floor. The guy circled is the Admiral’s Dad working on RL-206, or at least she thinks that’s him.
1D01B210-202F-4682-8810-BA64253BCC24.jpeg0CEC5662-2720-4E79-8A6A-B9D9D63161DA.jpeg
I’m going to do a tiny bash by adding cockpit gauges and a flight stick. Here’s the gauge template I’m using.
5033D555-E6EC-4A06-B37A-5964DE9DF5AF.jpeg
I will be painting the model like these images, not with the orange which was used for visibility during testing flights.
562DBB78-4998-4D5B-B96F-845225E85345.jpeg68CCFC54-729C-4A92-AEC1-C5193271EF1C.jpeg

Very nice build. I read a book a long time ago called 'Project Cancelled' - still available on Amazon. I don't know if this aircraft is in there, but it is a sad litany of great and cutting edge aircraft which were cancelled due to electioneering and lack of foresight. TSR2 build next?!

Very nice build. I read a book a long time ago called 'Project Cancelled' - still available on Amazon. I don't know if this aircraft is in there, but it is a sad litany of great and cutting edge aircraft which were cancelled due to electioneering and lack of foresight. TSR2 build next?!

I saw the ts2 are raf cosford museum a few years back and was blown away by it .
When I was in the raf we had lightnings and then the f4 phantom, I was based at raf wattisham ( Cold War era 1982 ian ,

I read a story about the Avro and it was indeed cancelled by some ignorant politicians. There were six test models of the Arrow according to the story and five of them were destroyed. The sixth one was being ferried to a place where it too was to be destroyed and lots of people were there to see the departure of the last 105. The plane took off and neither it nor the pilot was ever heard from again. Nothing was ever found but the story hints that the last Arrow is tucked away somewhere maybe to be built again by someone else but of course that wouldn't happen now anyway. Don't know if that's true or not but it's fun to think about the possibilities. Sure was a beautiful machine. I've never seen a model of this aircraft so this build is interesting.

Back