Back in the Hobby again.

It has been 40 years since I built my last wooden boat. Now that I’m retired, I’m re-visiting the hobby. I purchased a Manua ”18th Century French Naval Gun” as a test of my rusty modeling skills. Some woodcraft, painting, staining, and rigging in a small project. It turned out well, so I started a Caldercraft “Gunboat William”. Large scale for my fat fingers, a single mast to keep the complexity down. I live in Pleasanton California, just east of San Franscisco. I‘ll take some pictures as I go. I am reading some of the threads to get some tips. I’m also in to Garden scale trains, RC aircraft, and computer gaming ( World of Tanks, World of Warships, Snowrunner) where you will see my alter ego SargentNinja.

6E0AF6B5-5365-4F9E-A807-0DA470972F42.jpeg

Last edited:
It has been 40 years since I built my last wooden boat. Now that I’m retired, I’m re-visiting the hobby. I purchased a Manua ”18th Century French Naval Gun” as a test of my rusty modeling skills. Some woodcraft, painting, staining, and rigging in a small project. It turned out well, so I started a Caldercraft “Gunboat William”. Large scale for my fat fingers, a single mast to keep the complexity down. I live in Pleasanton California, just east of San Franscisco. I‘ll take some pictures as I go. I am reading some of the threads to get some tips. I’m also in to Garden scale trains, RC aircraft, and computer gaming ( World of Tanks, World of Warships, Snowrunner) where you will see my alter ego SargentNinja.

View attachment 234661
Hallo @Sargent Ninja
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
your battle station is really well done! So we hope, that you start also a building log of your gunboat,
btw it is really a very good kit with bigger scale, so you can also focus on the details.

It has been 40 years since I built my last wooden boat. Now that I’m retired, I’m re-visiting the hobby. I purchased a Manua ”18th Century French Naval Gun” as a test of my rusty modeling skills. Some woodcraft, painting, staining, and rigging in a small project. It turned out well, so I started a Caldercraft “Gunboat William”. Large scale for my fat fingers, a single mast to keep the complexity down. I live in Pleasanton California, just east of San Franscisco. I‘ll take some pictures as I go. I am reading some of the threads to get some tips. I’m also in to Garden scale trains, RC aircraft, and computer gaming ( World of Tanks, World of Warships, Snowrunner) where you will see my alter ego SargentNinja
Hallo @Sargent Ninja
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

View attachment 234661
Hallo @Sargent Ninja
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back