Back to modelling after retirement

Hi, everyone. I was an avid model builder as a child and into my teens. Stopped a while when I discovered girls, then picked it up again in my 50's for a bit. I mostly modeled scifi and military. Not many ships except an early 70s attempt at the Revell 1:96 USS Constitution. I got as far as inserting the fore mast, broke it and the spar deck. And that was the last sailing ship I attempted. I did build a 1:700 USS Indianapolis in the late 90s and I fiddled with some RC boats in the early 90s. I'm currently re-attempting the Revell 1:96 Constitution and I'm already gleaning tips and trick from y'all.

70s-Constitution-1.jpg90s-American Beauty-1.jpgMVC-122F.JPG

Welcome Greysteele!

There's a lot of support here for new and not so new builders. You won't have any trouble finding answers. Just post a build log, where you can show us your project's progress, pose questions, and read comments from other members. As a builder with RC experience, you are one of the few, and can help other RC builders also.

Glad your back to model building, now that your not working for a living, ha ha.

What part of the country are you from, there may be one of us out there near you.

Under your profile you can select "account details" and there should be a place to enter your location, as generic or specific as you wish, so we all know where you hang out.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back