band saw

Need help on this maybe somone could help me, I am in the process of upgrading my power tools takeing Dave s sugestion of using man tools instead of hobby size tools I go to the lower end and they are MUCH CHEAPE AND DO A LOT MORE then the HOBBY SIZE POWER TOOLS, I just need one more that is the luthgeris friend, that can be three tools in one thickness sander, spindelsander, and adding an X=Y table on the bench drill press that i also purchased, will get that around Christmas time as my PRESENT TO ME,,,,,now for questions the band saw I purchased is a PERFORMAX 9 inch TABLE TOP , from MENARDS, I have been cutting strip wood and the cuts are excellent even cutting 3/64 inch thick material which I thought the band saw would chew it up it DID NOT AND I GOT SOME GREAT STRIPS, NOW MY PROBLEM I HAVE PICTURES TRYING TO SHOW MY DELMA,,,let me first say the instructions are lacking a lot of details, mostly how to change the blade, what i need to do is take off the blade guide which I can understand but how can I raise the blade up so I can cut THICKER MATERIAL AND RESAW 2 inch material up against the fence and can I move the fence to either side, HOPE I AM EXPLAINIG THIS CORECTLY, I will review all my upgrades around CHRISTMAS TIME, when I get the LUTHERS BEST FRIEND, ANY HELP WILL BEW GREATLY APPRECIATED VERY MUCH SO

20181106_233723[3697].jpg20181106_233824[3696].jpg20181106_233551[3698].jpg20181106_220338[3699].jpg20181106_215432[3700].jpg20181106_215259[3701].jpg

The fence can be used on both sides of the blade for the adjustment if yours looks like this then it appears you turn the yellow knob or knobs above the blade guide to adjust the height for wood thickness
2403731_alternate.jpg

Me again Joe, Just went through the instructions again,the 2 knobs that you show are labeled(upper guide adjusting knob and blade guide lock knob

Hi Joe, the instructions for this tool are very bad, the tool itself is excelent so far will do a review of all my new MAN TOOLS after Christmas i need one more to be complete that is the LUTHERS BEST FRIEND, the instructions say to snap off the blade guide panel, IMPOSIBLE TO DO THAT my SON-IN-LAW figured it out that the one called upper guide adjusting knob raises the whole thing BLADE GUIDE now I will try some of DAVES samples for reswing. THANKS FOR HELP Don

Back