Barbara: Don't Understand the Plan

In preparing to build the Barbara, I do not understand this part of the plan. A is the rudder and E is the keel. My question is this: are B, C and D all parts of the sternpost? If so, why is B cut the way it is? Is it a separate piece? Why are C and D shown as separate pieces?

1711374319963.png

I think that D is thinner than C so that the planking will be flat with the part C of the stenpost

as an example here the stern post of my Granado

IMG_0081.jpg IMG_0082.jpg

Thanks. that makes sense. I think what confused me about B is that it appears that it does not extend all the way up. I think the reason is because parts C and D are filler pieces overlaid to achieve the correct angle at the rear of the ship. As in this image:
1711453331814.png

Opino que C y B son una misma pieza; el codaste. La línea curva que lo separa sería la línea de unión del forro o alefriz del codaste. D sería el contracodaste, también enterizo.

I think that C and B are the same piece; the sternpost The curved line that separates it would be the line of union of the lining or sill of the sternpost. D would be the contracodaste, also one-piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back