Bedding

I was looking up the color of 18th century English Navy bedding and all that came up was Navy Blue stuff. Is that where the color 'Navy Blue" came from? Would the Navy's bedding be Navy Blue. According to Vancouver's journal, one of the things the native people prized was blue cloth. Did they happen to have it because their bedding was blue. If not blue, what color was the bedding. This came up because I'm fiddling away with Capt. George's Hammock.

DSC04571.JPG

Some Navy cloth, simular to Army cloth had a blue or green weft strand woven into it to stop theft or identification if it was. This is where the "Navy Blue" comes from. They also used a simular trait with cordage and rope... but some of it was hidden and it could only be seen when the rope was cut and taken apart.

Some Navy cloth, simular to Army cloth had a blue or green weft strand woven into it to stop theft or identification if it was. This is where the "Navy Blue" comes from. They also used a simular trait with cordage and rope... but some of it was hidden and it could only be seen when the rope was cut and taken apart.
Thank you

I was looking up the color of 18th century English Navy bedding and all that came up was Navy Blue stuff. Is that where the color 'Navy Blue" came from? Would the Navy's bedding be Navy Blue. According to Vancouver's journal, one of the things the native people prized was blue cloth. Did they happen to have it because their bedding was blue. If not blue, what color was the bedding. This came up because I'm fiddling away with Capt. George's Hammock.
Hallo @Don Case
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back