Berlin (Corel)

Glad to see another BERLIN build! It is a tough one in many respects, I am currently building the hull at the stage you are at in these pictures. A single planking of the hull is very risky in my opinion as it will be very difficult to make it look good without a second finishing plank layer, but I am trying! I look forward to seeing more as it will help to inspire me to persevere. I also just received my Vanguard models HMS INDEFATIGABLE. What a kit! It will be hard to resist putting BERLIN aside and starting it. Fingers crossed!

Yes it is the uniqueness that made me decide to buy it. It is really beautiful once completed with really good cast parts that give great scope for painting. Its looking at the finished product that makes me keep going when I get a little "builder's block" ! Best of luck with your build!

thanks,,a little further along now and yes the single hull is a bit difficult. Have a another build log of the Bounty and it was a single planked hull as well but fortunatelly the curve of the hull was not as difficult as the Berlin. When I get back from holidays about 4 th july will post some more pictures of this build. Looking forward to pictures of your build as well. It is a difficult build but the size makes it a little easier to do. A lot of little modifications on the way as well so just to fine tune it. Will be painting it as well so should look ok. There a few build logs of the Berlin I think one in this forum as well so have look at those it will help you with issues

Robert,
Berlin is a great choice - always been on my wish list of "to build"..good luck nice start indeed.

Back