best HMS Victory 1:78 ship kit

Can someone tell me who makes the very best HMS Victory 1:78 model kit? Thanks

Hallo again,
didn´t you mention in a former post, that you have already ordered the Mantua / Sergal version?
As I know there is in the same scale the Victory from Panart available, higher in price, but with copper planking.
If you are looking for the best kit of the Victory with a slightly different scale, I would go for the Jotika 1:72 kit, which is without any doubts the kit with the best quality and most details....
You will work hundreds of hours on a Victory kit, so the higher price is worth - in my opinion the best value for money

I totally agree with Uwe,my vote goes for the Jokita/Caldercraft kit.To my knowledge,the only error on Caldercraft's kit is the lack of split/scarphed skid beams for the ships boats.These are depicted as one complete piece.This is an easy fix using spare timber in the kit.
All other kit's are full of compromises and historical inaccuracies,chances are you will end up making changes and find you could end up spending more than the higher price of Jokita's kit.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Thanks guys. I just received the pan art version of the victory and all looks well except I'm not really too pleased with the galleries on the stern of the ship. They just look printed and Beyond the margins of realism. Any suggestions as to whether or not I could build them myself? I could use some portions of the kit and then add other pieces. I am quite capable of fabricating things that might be necessary.

En hobbiesguinea.es, tienen el KIT de la casa CONSTRUCTO, es de muy buena calidad y muy completo con instrucciones en Inglés. Si alguno está interesado en este KIT, podéis comunicaros como os pongo al principio del mensaje: hobbiesguinea.es, espero que os valga este enlace que os pongo. Un saludo muy cordial para todos los compañeros de SHIPS OF SCALE

In hobbiesguinea.es, they have the KIT of the house CONSTRUCTO, it is of very good quality and very complete with instructions in English. If anyone is interested in this KIT, you can communicate how I put you at the beginning of the message: hobbiesguinea.es, I hope you find this link useful. A very cordial greeting to all the colleagues of SHIPS OF SCALE

Last edited by a moderator:
En hobbiesguinea.es, tienen el KIT de la casa CONSTRUCTO, es de muy buena calidad y muy completo con instrucciones en Inglés. Si alguno está interesado en este KIT, podéis comunicaros como os pongo al principio del mensaje: hobbiesguinea.es, espero que os valga este enlace que os pongo. Un saludo muy cordial para todos los compañeros de SHIPS OF SCALE
Se me ha pasado poner el precio; 365.90 € y me imagino que más gastos de envio, un saludo muy cordial, Joserra Iturriarte (joserraitu)

It has passed me to put the price; € 365.90 and I imagine that more shipping costs, a very warm greeting, Joserra Iturriarte (joserraitu)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back