Best regards from central Europe

Hi,
as you can see, I am somewhat older modeller. I have been interested in sailing boats since I was young. I like the 19th-century boats, both war and civilian, the most, and especially Gloucester fishing schooners. Previously, I had not - for various reasons - the opportunity to build ship models. Only now have I started building models. I came to your site mainly for inspiration, because I build floating and radio-controlled models.
Recently I built two models of Thames sailing barges and as the last model Piscataqua river gundalow in scale 1:24. The article on the construction of the Piscataqua River Gundalow model was published in Ship in scale magazine Nr6 - in 1998.There are also a number of books and kits on the construction of the Thames sailing barges.

IMG_0563.JPGIMG_1722.JPGIMG_2246.JPG
Tom

Hallo Tom,
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum - good that you have found us.
You are showing us a very interesting part of the ship modeling

Take a look at this post
A modeling friend of mine from Germany is building regularly RC-models of similar vessels

Hi,
as you can see, I am somewhat older modeller. I have been interested in sailing boats since I was young. I like the 19th-century boats, both war and civilian, the most, and especially Gloucester fishing schooners. Previously, I had not - for various reasons - the opportunity to build ship models. Only now have I started building models. I came to your site mainly for inspiration, because I build floating and radio-controlled models.
Recently I built two models of Thames sailing barges and as the last model Piscataqua river gundalow in scale 1:24. The article on the construction of the Piscataqua River Gundalow model was published in Ship in scale magazine Nr6 - in 1998.There are also a number of books and kits on the construction of the Thames sailing barges.

View attachment 192683View attachment 192684View attachment 192685
Tom
Hallo Tome alias @tomarack
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Would great if you would show us your actual project? RC-Sailing vessels are very interesting and not so many people are doing these

Hallo Tome alias @tomarack
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Would great if you would show us your actual project? RC-Sailing vessels are very interesting and not so many people are doing these

Back