Billbo45 Cambridgeshire England

Hello everyone.
Marc Here.
For years I have toyed with the desire to build a model ship from wood rather than plastic. I've researched lightly, collected many books, copied drawings to use for an actual model and........not progressed at all! I've made some frames and I've made some bits and pieces but that is about it.
I always dream of a scratch built 48th scale Victory, I even have the Buglar HMSO publication from 1966.
Then the Conway range of books appeared so I started collecting them placed with my many books on the subject.
Now I find myself in a position where I can actually have a work area, set things up where I can walk away for a day or a week without having to pack it out of the way.
My ambition now is to build something like either Bounty or Pandora, based on the Conway publications.
However, I have recently found the model ship builder forum I am very much taken by two of their available projects namely 'Battle Station' and the cross section of 'Granado'.
So, I have already begun the Battle Station project and started a thread on my progress. It will be rough and cumbersome I'm sure, but we all have to learn somewhere.
I have now joined this Forum for further inspiration and help on the way.

My other hobby is restoring Vintage Raleigh Mopeds.

Hallo Marc,
when I read your introduction I get the feeling, that you talk about me

My dream is also to build a huge model in scale 1:48 - for me it is not the Victory, but a french 74 gunner in scratch, POF.
I started also years ago with collecting books, also for example the Bugler (btw we have here a book revie in SOS) - in the meantime I have too much books, so be aware, that you will buy in future much more books.....
I have build already a Granado section model in 1:48 and in moment the complete vessel in POF

and I am close to buy a restored Horex Regina 350 from 1950.......

And there are several other older guys (and younger girls) here in our forum, which have similar background and interests...... So it is good that you have found our forum
A warm welcome here on board

Hello everyone.
Marc Here.
For years I have toyed with the desire to build a model ship from wood rather than plastic. I've researched lightly, collected many books, copied drawings to use for an actual model and........not progressed at all! I've made some frames and I've made some bits and pieces but that is about it.
I always dream of a scratch built 48th scale Victory, I even have the Buglar HMSO publication from 1966.
Then the Conway range of books appeared so I started collecting them placed with my many books on the subject.
Now I find myself in a position where I can actually have a work area, set things up where I can walk away for a day or a week without having to pack it out of the way.
My ambition now is to build something like either Bounty or Pandora, based on the Conway publications.
However, I have recently found the model ship builder forum I am very much taken by two of their available projects namely 'Battle Station' and the cross section of 'Granado'.
So, I have already begun the Battle Station project and started a thread on my progress. It will be rough and cumbersome I'm sure, but we all have to learn somewhere.

Hi Marc - a fellow modeller in same country and county and almost same name!! I'm in Cambridge and current build HMS Victory Cross section, with HMY Fubbs/Bluenose in ongoing state. Have also done HMS Granado/Charles Morgan inter alia.Happy to chat/meet to talk models! Marcus

Hi Marc - a fellow modeller in same country and county and almost same name!! I'm in Cambridge and current build HMS Victory Cross section, with HMY Fubbs/Bluenose in ongoing state. Have also done HMS Granado/Charles Morgan inter alia.Happy to chat/meet to talk models! Marcus
Small World Marcus.
Is the Victory cross section a kit or scratch?

Hello everyone.
Marc Here.

Hallo Marc alias @billbo45
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thank you for the birthday wishes.
Sorry but other happenings within my family have meant they take priority for the moment....I will be back...

Back