Birthday Gift

I received my birthday gift from my wife and it sure made me happy! Its a lift table. (Actually, a motorcycle lift). After assembling it, I added a plywood top and a cutting mat. It goes from 13 inches (lowest) to 33 inches (highest). This will allow me to easily reach the masts and yard on the Nuestra Senora del Pilar that I am currently building. It has casters with brakes so I can roll it around and lock it in place. The up and down are hydraulically controlled with a small hydraulic pump/jack. We'll see how well it works soon!

Lift1_001.jpgLift1_002.jpgLift1_003.jpgLift1_004.jpg

I received my birthday gift from my wife and it sure made me happy! Its a lift table. (Actually, a motorcycle lift). After assembling it, I added a plywood top and a cutting mat. It goes from 13 inches (lowest) to 33 inches (highest). This will allow me to easily reach the masts and yard on the Nuestra Senora del Pilar that I am currently building. It has casters with brakes so I can roll it around and lock it in place. The up and down are hydraulically controlled with a small hydraulic pump/jack. We'll see how well it works soon!

View attachment 306711View attachment 306712View attachment 306713View attachment 306714
Keep us informed about how well it works!

Actually what a great idea…I have often had a hard time working on the upper mast structures while the model sits on my regular bench. To clarify, I work standing and my benches are bar counter height. So while standing with a model on my bar height bench the upper masts are well above my head for a 1/48 scale model...so…great idea!

Dude, congratulations on the past, great gift. Next month will be my birthday too, and I want to give myself a gift. I found a lot of cool tool kits on Amazon, but they are all expensive. I have a $100 gift card, can anyone tell me how to use it?

Last edited:

View attachment 306711View attachment 306712View attachment 306713View attachment 306714
Philski, any updates on how well you B-Day gift is working for top end work?

Is your model REALLY that heavy? 1666230947966.png

Looks like it is working out well not only for better top side access but also for work on hull at good working height.

Can you provide photo of underside of your plywood top on how you attached it.

Looks like it is working out well not only for better top side access but also for work on hull at good working height.

Can you provide photo of underside of your plywood top on how you attached it.
There were 4 screws (bolts) holding the rubber mat in place. I removed them, then counterbored the plywood and used the existing holes to bolt to top to the stand. See the photos ...
Lift1_003.jpgLift1_002.jpg

Dude, congratulations on the past, great gift. Next month will be my birthday too, and I want to give myself a gift. I found a lot of cool tool kits on Amazon, but they are all expensive. I have a $100 gift card, can anyone tell me how to use it?
Hallo @LiamWhite
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Did you get today also a special gift ?

Back