Black Pearl - Zhl 1:50 by Vfordyce [COMPLETED BUILD]

@ctdragrcr , thanks for viewing. I think my Soleil Royal turned out better, though. Are you planning to build one of your

@ctdragrcr , thanks for viewing. I think my Soleil Royal turned out better, though. Are you planning to build one of your own?
I actually just started my Pearl. She is my first wooden ship build. There are a few pics of her in the Introduce yourself section under "Thanks for having me... my how things have changed" The feedback was positive and I will be getting a build log up shortly.
When I was done going thru your Pearl log, I also looked at your Soleil Royal. Truly a beautiful ship.
I see in the build logs I have read that you have mentored many the apprentice shipwright. I am hopeful that you'll take interest in my build.
Your knowledge and experience would be an invaluable asset and greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reaching out.
Be well.
David

I actually just started my Pearl. She is my first wooden ship build. There are a few pics of her in the Introduce yourself section under "Thanks for having me... my how things have changed" The feedback was positive and I will be getting a build log up shortly.
When I was done going thru your Pearl log, I also looked at your Soleil Royal. Truly a beautiful ship.
I see in the build logs I have read that you have mentored many the apprentice shipwright. I am hopeful that you'll take interest in my build.
Your knowledge and experience would be an invaluable asset and greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reaching out.
Be well.
David
My knowledge, unfortunately, is based in large extent on making mistakes and then either fixing them or living with them. I’ve also learned much from other builders who are willing to share. Another builder who has done a great job with this model is @MystRacing. He’s very accurate. I tend more to the creative side than the technical. I’ll follow your build when you start it. Oh, Rick at @Ahoy All has done this specific model too.

My knowledge, unfortunately, is based in large extent on making mistakes and then either fixing them or living with them. I’ve also learned much from other builders who are willing to share. Another builder who has done a great job with this model is @MystRacing. He’s very accurate. I tend more to the creative side than the technical. I’ll follow your build when you start it. Oh, Rick at @Ahoy All has done this specific model too.
I have looked at both their builds extensively... great craftsman for sure. I am hoping for their inputs and guidance also. Jodie's build was magnificent and Rick... well, an amazing build with an entertaining enthusiasm and education ! !

Back