Black Pearl - Zhl 1:50 by Vfordyce [COMPLETED BUILD]

Impressive!

... and that's with you rushing the job.
Thanks, Rowboat. We're leaving for Omaha next week. It will be going with us. Hopefully, it won't be broken in the process. If anybody has an idea of how to pack it in the car, I'm open to suggestions.

Oops! I just noticed as I was looking at the picture that I ran a line from the stay to a block and straight to the cleat rather than through another block. The empty block on the stay stands out like a sore thumb. Time to go back and fix it, I guess. Rushing doesn't always save you time.:mad:
1617284762247.png

One more jib sail. Two stays. Touch up paint. Maybe some hanks. I’ll probably find a way to hide the wires. I wish I could find a way to fix the led on the large lantern.

Thanks for the kudos, guys. I’ve been debating whether to add the jib between the fore and main masts. It wouldn’t be able to slide up and down the stay because of the blocks and braces. And it would hide so much of the handiwork. At first the Admiral said no. Then we looked at the final product without and she said yes. It’s kind of like rearranging the living room. We do it just because.

Thanks, Rowboat. We're leaving for Omaha next week. It will be going with us.

I just got this last week and been reading your build. Love it and great heads up info. Im in Lincoln, sooooo wish I could see it in person. BTW just a statement. Not asking. Lol

Wow. I did some plastic when I was a teen. B-52, 707, Bismarck, JU-87 Stuka. Never had an airbrush, though. Wood keeps me busy now. When you start your log, make sure you link it to your signature and PM me. I’d like to see it.

Wow. I did some plastic when I was a teen. B-52, 707, Bismarck, JU-87 Stuka. Never had an airbrush, though. Wood keeps me busy now. When you start your log, make sure you link it to your signature and PM me. I’d like to see it.
Sounds good. As soon as I figure out how. Lol And I've always wanted to build a Stuka. And not to highjack your thread, but just an example of what I usually do. Built the tank from Fury for a contest

Attachments

• 20210315_211413.jpg
    20210315_211413.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 9
Sounds good. As soon as I figure out how. Lol And I've always wanted to build a Stuka. And not to highjack your thread, but just an example of what I usually do. Built the tank from Fury for a contest
That a pretty cool looking Sherman. My Stuka was about 18-20 inch wingspan. It was a good looking Afrika Korps Version. If you want to set up a build log, look for the tutorial. Pictures can be inserted as full images, by the way. If you click on your avatar, you can then click the signature and create a link to your log.

Back