Black Pearl - Zhl 1:50 by Vfordyce [COMPLETED BUILD]

Congrats Vic! She is gorgeous as she can be!! Great accomplishment! Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up I am in love with those views when light is on, something that makes the model alive. What next? I know, you will not wait for long...;)

Absolutely stunning! Every person has their own creative ideas! I learned a lot reading your thread Vic. I think your sails and rigging is just balls out fantastic. Many choose the rolled up sail look, but you went all out, setting her up for the ocean breezes....

...so what’s next?

I put two from ZHL on my wish list....
Le Soleil Royal 1669 or the San Felipe 1690....leaning to the Soleil!

Absolutely stunning! Every person has their own creative ideas! I learned a lot reading your thread Vic. I think your sails and rigging is just balls out fantastic. Many choose the rolled up sail look, but you went all out, setting her up for the ocean breezes....

...so what’s next?

Thanks for the encouragement. I’ve got the Soleil Royal in dry dock. I’ll be building it for my daughter. Hopefully, the lessons learned will hold me in good stead for the Soleil. I’m the first all scenario I’ve seen in SOS to have completed. I relied heavily on MystRacing in the early stages until I passed him up. But there are several great builds of the Soleil out there to include Paulb, Gilbert M, and recently, Jay. This time I’ll have more to guide me on my journey with the Soleil. But before I do that, I think I’ll finish my Constitution. I think you’ll do well on your BP, Rick. Keep up the good work!

...so what’s next?

By the way, I do like the sails. I felt it looks better with them, and it would give me a good challenge.

Congrats Vic! She is gorgeous as she can be!! Great accomplishment! Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up I am in love with those views when light is on, something that makes the model alive. What next? I know, you will not wait for long...;)
Thanks, Jim. I do appreciate it. I’ve got the Connie’s rigging and sails for the main and mizzenmast. I also have to build the life boats. Then on to the Soleil Royal and probably the Robert E Lee after that.

Awesome looking ship. It's hard to believe that a model with all the extra detail was built this quickly. I have enjoyed your journey with many ups a few downs and picked up some tips along the way. This model is a credit to you and I look forward to your next project.

Awesome looking ship. It's hard to believe that a model with all the extra detail was built this quickly. I have enjoyed your journey with many ups a few downs and picked up some tips along the way. This model is a credit to you and I look forward to your next project.
Thanks, Tony! I really enjoyed putting it together. If only I had known at the beginning what I know now. But such is life, isn't it?

Thanks, Tony! I really enjoyed putting it together. If only I had known at the beginning what I know now. But such is life, isn't it?
A big call out to both Tony and Vic... your ships are great accomplishments and as a novice who is building his first ship, I don’t think I would have had the confidence to spend the money and make the attempt to build the Pearl without reading and studying your builds! Thanks!

A big call out to both Tony and Vic... your ships are great accomplishments and as a novice who is building his first ship, I don’t think I would have had the confidence to spend the money and make the attempt to build the Pearl without reading and studying your builds! Thanks!
Does that mean you get to learn from my mistakes?Cautious

Does that mean you get to learn from my mistakes?Cautious
Ha! I should be so happy if my mistakes turn out the Pearl you completed! Again, great job! I’m looking forward to your build on the Le Soleil Royal....read some of Paulb thread and can’t even imagine how detailed that work is. I think I’ll pass on it...ha!

Take a look at the Robert E. Lee by Peter Voogt. I would have thought that would be a simple one, but nooooo..... And you might be surprised at how your skills progress after doing the BP. You might be ready for a challenge.

Congratulations Vic! Very piratey. You have accomplished something wonderful and then to share it with someone else shows your character. I love the sails and the rigging - plus all the construction details and the 'reveals' make for a marvelous display. Well done brother! You finished the race (well, at least that lap of the race)!

Well done Vic....congratulations on a very impressive build. I am looking forward to seeing your next project.

Back