Black Pearl

Hello all, I’m Jason...I’m new here and I was wondering if I could ask a few questions?

I haven’t done any model ship building in my life, but I was an art major in college (25 yrs ago) and I’m very handy, crafty and artistic...and chock full of patience...and I’m looking to build the Black Pearl for my Man Cave!

Is this a kit I can purchase here? Or should I try and build a hyper-realistic ship from scratch, of the actual ship it was? I mean no disrespect if those types of models are frowned upon here....or if I anger some one for not taking the time to read all the threads!

Any & all responses greatly appreciated!!!

There several kits of the Black Pearl available, seems to be of different quality.
a good quality kit is this one

ZHL is a very reliable chinese dealer, with very good service before and also after sale.
Send him an english mail (his name is Max), he will reply soon and answer all questions.

We have also several building logs of the Black Pearl, to name only two of them:

but use our search function - and you will find much more information

111.JPG

First and foremost - welcome, we are happy to have you on board SOS!
it is really tough decision as what to build, however being you never build ship models before, I highly recommend a building from kit. Just so you can get a taste of it. Kit has all necessary materials ready for you to assemble. Hope this will help!

Just wanted to say that the Black Pearl kit from ZHL - while a nice looking kit - seems to me to be a bit advanced for someone just starting out. I'm not sure I want to tackle it and I have been building models for over 50 years. That being said, if it is what you really want to build - go for it. Just take your time, look closely at the build logs available here on SOS, and above all never give up. This is a great hobby.

Back