Black Walnut Purchase, what to do next

Kurt Konrath

Kurt Konrath

Well on local sales forum I saw a person listing black walnut for sale, asked what a small piece would cost.

They replied $35 for a small 1" section.

So I picked it up today and what I got was 6' x 18" x 1" dried slab of black walnut.

So what should I do next to store and make it usable in the future when needed to dress up a project.

if this is air seasoned if you can keep it indoors. you really do not have to do anything special with the slab once dry it stays pretty stable

Thanks for the information.

One thing I am considering is cutting it to lengths of 36" and stacking sections to have room and then I can cut one section up for use later as needed.

Well on local sales forum I saw a person listing black walnut for sale, asked what a small piece would cost.

So I picked it up today and what I got was 6' x 18" x 1" dried slab of black walnut.

So what should I do next to store and make it usable in the future when needed to dress up a project.
Hallo @Kurt Konrath
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Screenshot_20230107-162427_Chrome.jpg

Move the piece into your shop and let it acclimate for awhile before you mill it. Months even...

Screenshot_20230107-162019_Chrome.jpg

Back