Blocking rudder light leak 1:200 Titanic

Hi. I saw somewhere a picture of the inside of the hull on the 1:200 Trumpeter Titanic. Some kind of putty covered where the rudder entered, to prohibit light leak. It looked like silly putty but I know it wasn't. What could that be? Thank you for your time and insight.

Hi. I saw somewhere a picture of the inside of the hull on the 1:200 Trumpeter Titanic. Some kind of putty covered where the rudder entered, to prohibit light leak. It looked like silly putty but I know it wasn't. What could that be? Thank you for your time and insight.
Hi there,
After inserting the rudder into my Titanic, I simply filled around the post from the inside using Tamiya modelling putty. Nothing fancy, and it worked. No light leaks. :)

Last edited:
There's a product by Woodland Scenics especially made for blocking light escaping through seams and through medium such as plastics. The kit includes masking paint and ribbon putty. Possibly of some help to you?

Hallo @Bob N Forapples
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back