Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Many thanks for this interesting log - Congratulation
And off course I am also looking forward to see the new one - good choice

Pathfinder65

First try working with InkJet Decals:

I've never tried making my own decals. I ordered a packet of Testors clear and white decal paper for use with my HP Officejet Printer.
fullsizeoutput_24c.jpeg

The process was pretty simple. I made a Pages document on my iMac of the image I wanted on the decals.

fullsizeoutput_24b.jpeg

After printing the decal page I let the OfficeJet ink dry overnight and fixed the decal with decal bonder.

fullsizeoutput_24d.jpeg

After soaking the decals they separated from the backing paper and I transferred them to the Lobster boat hull.

fullsizeoutput_24a.jpeg

Another modeling process learned.

Jan

Charles QC

That is quite a nice build, I know a friend in Nova Scotia that will be trill to see your build he was thinking on one for a future build
Thumbs-Up

Neophyte Shipwright

Nice. One of my favorite working boats. Many, many years ago I built what if I remember correctly was a Mid West version and radio controlled it. Needless to say after years of abuse, I retired the ole gal. I have looked at this kit numerous time and have to admit, yours turned out swell. Thanks for shairing.
Rick

SAHaskell

Outstanding build log, Jan. There is a ton of helpful information; I made some notes and will return for more help as needed during my scratch build of the Donald David.
Great work! Thumbsup :)