Bluenose 1/64 MS2130 by TechTrek (Chris) [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks Dean, I sometimes feel nervous about posting as my skills are not that good. Lots of little things I’m learning from everyone. It’s my 1st build so I’m not too hard on myself.
Love this comment! It's my first build too and I find I am way too hard on myself!!! Of course Dean is right - there is only one direction we can go from here...

Hello Chris. I've been exceptionally busy this last week with no build or forum time - so only got a chance now to check on what's going on. Bluenose is looking great - you have nothing to be hesitant about!

Looks great!
I see that you have the main boom rest installed. When sailing that was either stowed below or lashed on the deck nearby. Same for the Fordsail boom. Just a late consideration that may be left as is or corrected for your sails up presentation. By sailing in the wake of many builders I have the poachers chance to see things not yet done and hold them in consideration for my own arrival there. Rich

You have done well with your sailmaker's hat on.! Rich
I have a bunch of brass tubing to cut, hence my search for that mini pipe cutter. Need it for the last 2 sails. I’ll probably use my jewelry saw to cut the tube. I also might put a piece in my Dremel and do the fake lathe to file into the tube and finish with the saw.

I have a bunch of brass tubing to cut, hence my search for that mini pipe cutter. Need it for the last 2 sails. I’ll probably use my jewelry saw to cut the tube. I also might put a piece in my Dremel and do the fake lathe to file into the tube and finish with the saw.
I would like to be able to cut long tubes that would be unstable in my drill chuck, even with some rigged stabilizing device. . . I think???? I had not thought of trying short pieces in my drill but may waste an inch to give it a try. Rich

If you have a table saw with slitting blade, that might be the way to go.

I’m going to put a piece of 1/8” tubing in my dremel then use a small triangular file to put the grooves for my fairleads rope channel. A shallow groove for the rope channels then a deeper groove in between where I’ll cut through with the jewelry saw. I need to make 18 of them for my topsails. Will post my method. Just working on Fly today.

I’m going to put a piece of 1/8” tubing in my dremel then use a small triangular file to put the grooves for my fairleads rope channel. A shallow groove for the rope channels then a deeper groove in between where I’ll cut through with the jewelry saw. I need to make 18 of them for my topsails. Will post my method. Just working on Fly today.
Not being in the rigging stage. . . where are the fairleads that you are referring to for the 1/8 inch tube for your topsails? Rich

They’re tied along the edges of the topsails, 9 on each. 4 along the top, 4 along the bottom and 1 half way along the bottom part beside the mast side. The rigging line runs through them and the sail corner blocks.

Back