Bluenose Alberta Bound

Hello
I'm in the process of building the Bluenose 1921 model. I'm interested in seeking advice on some of the things that may stump me :) I am retired and live in central Alberta Canada.

help please. I am building the Amati/ Victory models Vanguard. The gun carriages provided are anodized steel and require the builder to drill tinny holes in them to fix small eyelets to facilitate the Breeching tackle ropes. That is around 150 small holes in hard metal. My question is can anyone suggest an easier way? Or can I buy some better carriages els ware that are more realistic than those provided with the kit.
I have all the required tools; but using a bench press with very fine drills is overheating and breaking the bits

help please. I am building the Amati/ Victory models Vanguard. The gun carriages provided are anodized steel and require the builder to drill tinny holes in them to fix small eyelets to facilitate the Breeching tackle ropes. That is around 150 small holes in hard metal. My question is can anyone suggest an easier way? Or can I buy some better carriages els ware that are more realistic than those provided with the kit.
I have all the required tools; but using a bench press with very fine drills is overheating and breaking the bits
Hi ,@Dave Stevens (Lumberyard) at Lumberyard is selling real wooden gun carriage kits

hi Roy

so i heard you are looking for carriages

Maybe i can help you out with that

CARRIAGES1.jpg

i have them 4 to a sheet some assembly required

CARRIAGES4.jpg

measure the length, width and height of those steel cast carriages and send me a PM and i will see if i have something or close to something you can use

carriage master.jpg

Hello
I'm in the process of building the Bluenose 1921 model. I'm interested in seeking advice on some of the things that may stump me :) I am retired and live in central Alberta Canada.
Hi John, Welcome Aboard.
Let us know what type of kit or build you are embarking on and then "ask away" with any questions you may have as you go through your build. I have just completed a 1/48 scale scratch built Bluenose using the hull lines from the original ship which I purchased many years ago in Nova Scotia.

Attachments

• image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    283.1 KB · Views: 14
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    262.2 KB · Views: 14
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 14
Hello
Hi John. Welcom of the SoS.
In this thread in post 1, a list of BN-build on this forum. With hyperlinks to the build-logs.
Perhaps you will find some info you can use.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Hi John, Welcome Aboard.
Let us know what type of kit or build you are embarking on and then "ask away" with any questions you may have as you go through your build. I have just completed a 1/48 scale scratch built Bluenose using the hull lines from the original ship which I purchased many years ago in Nova Scotia.
Interesting build of the BN with ‘the hull lines’.
Regards, Peter

Hi John, Welcome Aboard.
Hello Fourseas. That is fantastic work and the pictures are beautiful!

I have been gifted a BN Kit No MS2130 from Model Shipways, that was given to me Christmas 2020 from my daughter. I have constructed the keel and bulkheads along with all the rabbeting. As this is just my first I find myself really slow, reading instructions and plans over & over again.
As I move forward I will be asking questions from all the experienced builders.
Thank you

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back