Bluenose by Liebre

More deck beams

Deck beams placed dryfit to determine the exact position of the mast foot

The mast made to measure, including the passage of the ring that is now loose on it

The mast is also dryfit in, and can now be mounted in it on an easier way and can be fixed later

The mast foot is glued

Good to know that a deck beam and 2 planks from the package are exactly the size between the rafters

mastvoet met pijl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
More deck beams

Deck beams placed dryfit to determine the exact position of the mast foot

The mast made to measure, including the passage of the ring that is now loose on it

The mast is also dryfit in, and can now be mounted in it on an easier way and can be fixed later

The mast foot is glued

Good to know that a deck beam and 2 planks from the package are exactly the size between the rafters
Saw the current status of your build real life this morning. Very good looking.
Since I'm still ways behind you (and Peter, of course) I'll keep a very keen eye on your blog.
Johan

Thanks Johan , Peter and Dean

@Dean , it will take a while before she is loose
I am not going to follow the instructions and am going to make the deck on a variant of Peter, I also want to align the deck with the scuppers
Deck slats with Ecoline etc

What a beautiful model you have built so far Henk - and to think that you doubted yourself. With each step successfully completed, confidence levels increase exponentially so you will just get more and more confident giving her your own bent as time progresses. Well done!

Thank you Heinrich

Yes it is getting better and better, and can now see it a bit better and my confidence has grown
A lot of fitting and measuring, and very patient filing

The two little boys (P18 of the drawing) which took a lot of time to get them to fit I am very satisfied with them, they are now flush with the decking

Back