BLUENOSE by PIERO

Update 22/03

I had a little accident ... moving from one table to another, she decided to bump into a chair and drop to the floor ... Oh well, I'll do it later.

View attachment 297665

The work continues with the assembly of the decks and waterways. The solution is to reduce them in order to have everything at the same level

View attachment 297668View attachment 297669
Nice to see the adjusted waterways, Piero.
And with the little damage on the front, you will be become a member off the club ‘Restoration during new construction’.
Regards, Peter

You are building a beautiful ship Piero - the deck planking in particular looks extremely neat!

I had a little accident ... moving from one table to another, she decided to bump into a chair and drop to the floor ... Oh well, I'll do it later.

a lot of modern yachts have a similar demage at the bow, because of the "parking" in slot in the marina - better term should be mooring in the marina

a lot of modern yachts have a similar demage at the bow, because of the "parking" in slot in the marina - better term should be mooring in the marina
Parking assistance an option? Every respectable car manufacturer offer those options standard nowadays...

Parking assistance an option? Every respectable car manufacturer offer those options standard nowadays...
yes, but try to push the brakes on a ship during such a manouver - it is still moving several meters, mainly in the direction you do not want
on the ship it would make this sound
piep ................... piep ........ piep ... piep . piep piiiiiiiiiiiiiep and immediatly .... "crash" ;)

Piero, there is a solid piece under the upper boards at the bow, so you can just cut the board behind the busted section. Remove and glue a new piece on. After sanding it will blend in. After you paint it black, you will never know a small board was added on the end. ;)

Last edited:
Hello Piero, Sad to hear of your accident involving your YQ-Bluenose, These Things Happen that is for sure. Sounds like you have booked into the repair section of your Old Ship Yard and with your great skills she will be as good as new and just maybe a bit better.
Regards Lawrence

Here I am again with the latest update, my friends!
So, I finally finished the planking of my BN. It seems to have turned out well. Now begins the sanding part and then the painting. I reversed the sides of the planking because the side chosen by YQ did not work well in my opinion especially for the state of the frames. The portside is certainly more beautiful. So I closed the starboard side. Then I finished, and painted in white, also the part of the waterways on the deck.
I put on a Tamiya tape just to see the waterline level effect ...

Now some pics!

20220330_191248.jpg

20220331_164200.jpg

20220331_182839.jpg

20220331_182818.jpg

20220331_182540.jpg

20220331_182510.jpg

To the next update ...

Here I am again with the latest update, my friends!
So, I finally finished the planking of my BN. It seems to have turned out well. Now begins the sanding part and then the painting. I reversed the sides of the planking because the side chosen by YQ did not work well in my opinion especially for the state of the frames. The portside is certainly more beautiful. So I closed the starboard side. Then I finished, and painted in white, also the part of the waterways on the deck.
I put on a Tamiya tape just to see the waterline level effect ...

Now some pics!

View attachment 299982

View attachment 299983

View attachment 299984

View attachment 299985

View attachment 299986

View attachment 299987

To the next update ...
Always nice to see a planked BN hull with a personal touch of the builder. The vaulted planking at the port side at the front is a good example of this. Well done, Piero.
Regards, Peter

Back