Bluenose II - 1st wooden ship model

Hello all. I am new to ship building. I ran across this Bluenose II while out shopping with my wife. Looked through the kit and found all parts to be present. The kit looks to be from 1985 so not sure if anyone has any experience with this setup as it looks different from the other builds I have seen. So as I get started I am going to try and keep a build log. Wish me luck! Thanks

EACE1571-3A2C-4ACC-BA8F-35AA79B6E1E6.jpeg

Good luck looks a far more challenging first build than mine , look forward to following your progress.

Bluenose was my first build. Not the same manufacturer and mine was smaller leading to difficulties with the deadeyes, blocks etc because of the small size. I am currently doing the Harvey, a Baltimore Clipper by the same company that did your Bluenose. I do enjoy the Artesnal builds and the hidden humor in the instructions. Good luck.

Hello all. I am new to ship building. I ran across this Bluenose II while out shopping with my wife. Looked through the kit and found all parts to be present. The kit looks to be from 1985 so not sure if anyone has any experience with this setup as it looks different from the other builds I have seen. So as I get started I am going to try and keep a build log. Wish me luck! Thanks

View attachment 348298
I have the Billings Bluenose 2 kit as well as Bluenose original and the Ste. Roche -- still pondering the planking part. Bluenose 2 is of special interest as I actually got to be a passenger on her briefly a long time ago. Have started the Ste Roche and Bluenose and got to find time to work on them. I will follow this discussion great interest as these will be my first wooden vessel kits. Have built wood model railway structures.

View attachment 348298
Hi Ron. Nice to see your now have this kit and hopefully start soon with the build of your BN.
In the post #1 of the thread in the following link, you will find a list of builded BN’s here on the SoS:
Although it is in the YuanQing-BN area, in the lower part of the list I have also listed the build of other manufacturer.
Till now 5 Artesania Latina’s.
I have seen your introduction and now the start of this build-log. I will ad it to the list.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Do not worry about asking questions. Being this your first kit, all of the Nautical Terms as well as Modeling Terms will be new to you. Just ask and we will help you. You can always PM (Private Message) me with a question. Actually, it is called "conversations" - it is the little "envelope icon" to the right of your "name" at top of forum. This is where you will get and send private messages to members.
Building a wooden ship is a process and it is not like "putting together". This is "building a model" as you probably have found out by opening the box.

Hallo @Ageguy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How iy your work on the Bluenose going?

Back