Bluenose II (Artesania Latina) 1:75 by Nomad

Congratulations for this fine model - she deserves a place in the gallery
good model, nice effort, but as a modeler myself when I decide to embark on a model I will do some research...Your model, does not represent the real Bluenose that we have here in Canada in any shape or form. I do not know were this kits get their info from.....I have attached photos of the Bluenose as it is today in the waters of Lunemburg. I constructed the model on a commission and in congiunction with the Bluenose Museum in Nova Scotia. it was finished in 2022.

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

good model, nice effort, but as a modeler myself when I decide to embark on a model I will do some research...Your model, does not represent the real Bluenose that we have here in Canada in any shape or form. I do not know were this kits get their info from.....I have attached photos of the Bluenose as it is today in the waters of Lunemburg. I constructed the model on a commission and in congiunction with the Bluenose Museum in Nova Scotia. it was finished in 2022.

View attachment 310785

View attachment 310786

View attachment 310787
Yes, I suspect many liberties are taken by kit manufacturers for possibly many different reasons. This kit was designed by Artesania Latina and possibly aimed at your novice modeller who is perhaps less concerned with historical accuracy than they are with completing a build that looks something like a ship at all. Having the confidence or know-how to deviate from the kit instructions, particularly for a first-timer, is perhaps something that comes with time and experience ;)

Yes, I suspect many liberties are taken by kit manufacturers for possibly many different reasons. This kit was designed by Artesania Latina and possibly aimed at your novice modeller who is perhaps less concerned with historical accuracy than they are with completing a build that looks something like a ship at all. Having the confidence or know-how to deviate from the kit instructions, particularly for a first-timer, is perhaps something that comes with time and experie

Good answer Nomad, however when an icon like this particular famous 'racing' schooner represent a nation it should be in the kits manufacturer interest in replicating (some how) the real deal especially when today with the web it can be easily researched. It has nothing to do with been a novice modeler.

Good answer Nomad, however when an icon like this particular famous 'racing' schooner represent a nation it should be in the kits manufacturer interest in replicating (some how) the real deal especially when today with the web it can be easily researched. It has nothing to do with been a novice modeler.
Fair chirp. After all, we do pay enough for these model kits, perhaps a bit of historical accuracy wouldn't go amiss. Your Bluenose model looks terrific by the way, and what a privilege to be granted a commission to construct a model ship like this, brilliant! Thumbsup

I imagine the kits will be fairly exspensive. Thank you for the compliment on my model. It took me 12 months to construct, with a lot of info and details requested from the museum. Nothing was purchased to make the schooner except the wood that I used, ‘cherry’. Anyway happy modelling Nomad.

Back