Bluenose (Original) - Billing Boats 1:65 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I have wanted to build this boat for many years and have finally come around to it. I have had experrience with building RC Airplanes and I did enjoy the building part but not the actual flying so I felt that being able to build a static model woould be a good choice. I will post some pictures when I have reached a meaningful stage in my build and can master the posting parts. I trust that you will be pateinet with me as a work through the build. I look forward to your suggestions and support.

I have wanted to build this boat for many years and have finally come around to it. I have had experrience with building RC Airplanes and I did enjoy the building part but not the actual flying so I felt that being able to build a static model woould be a good choice. I will post some pictures when I have reached a meaningful stage in my build and can master the posting parts. I trust that you will be pateinet with me as a work through the build. I look forward to your suggestions and support.
Another aircraft builder turned shipwright. Welcome board Bruce. I had to give up flying when my eyes told me too. :)

I'll be following your build of the most beautiful schooner that ever sailed.
( Absolutely no bias here.)

Hi Bruce. Welcom and nice to see the start of your build-log of the building of another BN.
I will ad your log to the BN-list by the ‘Other build’. That is in the YQ-BN group build, but we are all interested in all if the BN builds. Perhaps you will find some needed information out off other builds.
Regards, Peter

Hallo @Bruce Ritchie
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Well it has taken just over a year to finish this project but it is now complete. My patience was often tested to the limits but thanks to the many posts on this site I was able to pick up many pointers. One major thing that I did pick up was if it's not working right now put it aside and go away for a while and just think about it. Often I would come back with another approach and it would work out.
There are many beginner bug-a-boos in the completed model but she is mine and I have learned a great deal about building a wooden boat and numerous nautical terms along the way.IMG_0067.JPGIMG_0068.JPGIMG_0069.JPGIMG_0070.JPGIMG_0071.JPGIMG_0072.JPGIMG_0073.JPGIMG_0074.JPG

Well it has taken just over a year to finish this project but it is now complete. My patience was often tested to the limits but thanks to the many posts on this site I was able to pick up many pointers. One major thing that I did pick up was if it's not working right now put it aside and go away for a while and just think about it. Often I would come back with another approach and it would work out.
There are many beginner bug-a-boos in the completed model but she is mine and I have learned a great deal about building a wooden boat and numerous nautical terms along the way.View attachment 363793View attachment 363794View attachment 363795View attachment 363796View attachment 363797View attachment 363798View attachment 363799View attachment 363800
Congratulations with the finishing of this beautiful and impressive Bluenose, Bruce. You can be proud of this fully rigged icon.
Regards, Peter

Thanks for sharing, Bruce.
Her lines never disappoint or get boring.

Congratulations also from my side - very well done - a very good looking model :cool:

Back