Bluenose - Robertd [COMPLETED BUILD]

First of all: You have made a nice complete display of your BN!
Second: Sorry for responding to your conversation with Heinrich.
I was a bit triggered by the line I left in the reply box and think it might be a bit of me ;)
You won’t see! Certainly with a ‘normal build’.
But what I do now inside by the keelson (and by the further interiour), is for me no wast of time. You only have to wait ‘a while’ before this becomes clear. I still need to work out something for that and think a bit more ahead with what YQ 'prescribes' and what I want to do.
But you will see :D.
PS:
I don't feel annoyed or anything. Just a comment in one of the beautiful build-logs. Where everyone has their own ideas. Just beautiful!
Regards, Peter
Robert, I have a surprise for you!!!

You have now become the first foreigner to have his Bluenose displayed in China !!!

View attachment 237896

As you may or may not know, we do not use WhatsApp in China, but WeChat. This is from a post that @yqmodel Xiuli has just made on WeChat! Many congratulations once more from my side!
Wow!! I feel very honoured and humble

I took your advise on board , I think the rope supplied too thick , I am very tempting too re-rig her with more scaled rope , but the Admiral said NO, just following orders , but you were right , I should have used different rope
I would suggest using Hemp ( originally used on ships from that era )from Mantua , various sizes from .25 mm to .5 mm ,

If you are looking for historical accuracy for shrouds and stays . . . the schooners of that era were rigged with metal cables, quite small in diameter. Rich
I forgot to mention that you can twist your own cable by using the small copper wire from a cord, three strands twisted in a drill. Tensioning is touchy but is secured with a faux swadge using small copper tubing, feeding the copper end back through and then soldering the connection. Rich

I forgot to mention that you can twist your own cable by using the small copper wire from a cord, three strands twisted in a drill. Tensioning is touchy but is secured with a faux swadge using small copper tubing, feeding the copper end back through and then soldering the connection. Rich
Thanks Rich , it makes sense and a very good advise. Perhaps a bit side tracked when building the Cutty Sark , and Hemp was used .

I took your advise on board , I think the rope supplied too thick , I am very tempting too re-rig her with more scaled rope , but the Admiral said NO, just following orders , but you were right , I should have used different rope
Still think the size of the rigging rope way out of proportion and yes I have to live with that , the rope supplied is rubbish and get different correct size and preferably Hemp

Back